Pilates on Mariner...and other questions.

Raicho

June 14, 2017 Alaska cruise

Hi all,

Does anyone know if they do Pilates on the Mariner? If so, is it just mat or do they have some sort of reformer?

Also, I am the only one, of my 13 member family going on the cruise, that is unencumbered and single. Amy thoughts on places to hang out or areas where the crew is especially nice?

Thanks so much!

Ptarmigan (yes, that is my given name; no, you don't pronounce the P) :D

I have done Pilates classes on Regent. They are not every day. Usually they do yoga one day and pilates the next. All classes are included, but if a lot of people are attending, you may have to sign up ahead of time.

...and you have to know what you are doing. It is definitely "Pilates lite" without much guidance on form or adaptations for injury. If you are a regular practitioner or Pilates or yoga, this pales in comparison.

No reformer on Mariner. On our cruise in Nov last year, the instructor was pretty good with instruction in the mat classes. But I have to admit, having some knowledge going in is a good thing as there wasn't a lot of individualized instruction in class. Pretty much to be expected as they haven't been working with you and don't know your skill level or that of your classmates Privates were offered.