What Should I Know Before I Book My First Cruise With MSC?

funat55

I know nothing about this line, but the ships look awesome and we are looking at the Seaview out of Europe next year. We are looking at booking a SuperFamily pod consisting of two cabins for 5 people total.

I am confused by the terms Bella, Fastisca, etc. For sure want a balcony. What else can you think of that I might need to know before I take the plunge?

Im an msc newbie aswell and have booked seaview for july 13th 2018 b2b cruises in a super family room as there is 8 of us going. I took the plunge on this cruise simply because the price was over £4000 cheaper than rccl and hey how bad can it be [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]. I have really enjoyed following msc on this forum, learning all about msc and their ships and im really looking forward to it[emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm both a cruise ans MSC virgin and am booked on the Seaview on the 22nd June. I think this is the 2nd week of it sailing.

We've booked a Fantastica balcony cabin, I'm a bit worried about being seasick so thought a bit of fresh air in the cabin might help!

Looking forward to reading lots of hints and tips....;)

I know nothing about this line, but the ships look awesome and we are looking at the Seaview out of Europe next year. We are looking at booking a SuperFamily pod consisting of two cabins for 5 people total.

I am confused by the terms Bella, Fastisca, etc. For sure want a balcony. What else can you think of that I might need to know before I take the plunge?

Go to the MSC site and it will explain it to you.

We sailed on MSC Poesia a few years ago and loved it. We are booked on the new MSC Seaside inaugural sailing in December and on MSC Divina in March 2018.

The Poesia is the most beautiful ship we have been on so far. We sailed from Miami to Genoa and had many Europeans on board. On our sailing, all the announcements were in 5 languages, so that got to be a drag after a while. At least English was first! Some of the older passengers were impatient in the food lines and often cut in front of people. This was more a culture issue than an MSC issue. Dinner was always a treat. We enjoyed the food. Our waiter was top notch as was the cabin steward.

As far as Bella, Fantastica, etc. you can read about the various benefits of each on MSC. For example: Bella is pretty basic, Fantastica offers room service and slightly better selection of cabins. As you move up (and pay more) you get more. Bella meets our expectations since we are easily pleased. Bella allows you to choose early or late dining but priority is given to Fantasica and above. So, if room location, room service, dining times, etc matter to you, then look beyond the Bella experience.

You can view the different experiences here: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

Hope this helps!

Edited by seeriteR

I was Fantastica, and my dad was Bella. Aside from my included drink package, our experiences were the same. We had identical balcony cabins and got first seating. The one time I was finally able to get through to "included" room service, the order was completely wrong. I would personally never sail MSC again, but if I did, I wouldn't book above the most basic level.

Thank you for the replies. I was trying to look at the superfamily room layouts. It appeared that one cabin had a shower and the other had a tub. Is that correct? I hope so because I really love relaxing in the tub. Also, do they have a spa with heated loungers, Jacuzzis, steam room, sauna etc.? Is it extra? I'll try to look it up on the MSC web site but I'm interested in cruiser's feed back on the spa experience.

No one knows what Seaside and Seaview cabins actually are going to end up looking like as MSC has not released anything but a few mock-ups of them. Once Seaside information comes out you will then be able to get more info on Seaview since they are sister ships. Generally when a cruise line builds two "identical" ships, small changes occur on the 2nd ship based on lessons learned from the first.

All descriptions for the spas list what you are asking about and since they are using them as advertisement points to sell cabin space I think all will be on the ships but again, until Seaside is actually introduced to us via photos or press releases and TA tours conducted by MSC everything is speculation and subject to changes.

I did it! Booked the Seaview for June 22, 2018 leaving out of Barcelona. The super family cabins were sold out and I ended up getting a Grand Suite instead for practically the same price. Now I'm really excited. I also joined the Voyagers Club and they matched my Carnival standing so that was a plus.