Manhattan parking

margincall

The least expensive lot I have seen in Manhattan is 670 w 43 rd st that is 196.00 for 7 days where they actually drive you in your car to the terminal and then drive back to the lot to park the car for the week.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with them,and if I am correct that as far as Manhattan it is the cheapest.

We had thought of having our daughter drive us to the pier,but she has never driven in Manhattan and is a bit skittish.

Thank you

Yes, that's I believed often to as a Park Rite facility - NYC parking is EXPENSIVE plus 18.875% tax. If you pack & travel light, there's the option of parking on NJ side's NY Waterway ferry terminal's parking, take the ferry across with luggage, then either do a short 10 blocks walk or take a quick taxi ride.

Depending on your whereabouts in NJ, driving to MCT isn't necessary all that bad - best is coming in via GWB and south on the Henry Hudson Parkway (there's a detailed pictorial guide written about 3 years here on this forum) - minimal city driving, head straight for the pier, get dropped off, exit terminal & head north on the parkway again & GWB back out to NJ.

Coming in via the midtown Lincoln Tunnel isn't bad either, just make sure as you exit head for uptown or 42nd Street for the West Side, about 12 blocks with a few easy turns - Google Navigation or Waze turn-by-turn integrated traffic navigation will be very helpful for someone uneasy ... traffic isn't that much worst than some of the major roadways in nearby NJ malls off the local highways.

The least expensive lot I have seen in Manhattan is 670 w 43 rd st that is 196.00 for 7 days where they actually drive you in your car to the terminal and then drive back to the lot to park the car for the week.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with them,and if I am correct that as far as Manhattan it is the cheapest.

We had thought of having our daughter drive us to the pier,but she has never driven in Manhattan and is a bit skittish.

Thank you

So you're ok with a stranger driving your car at least ten blocks in Manhattan? What about when it's time to pick you up. Are they reliable?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums