Another few thought on the Silhoutte 4/2 -4/9

Gunters Oma

We arrived about 12:15. First time in Concierge Class. The line to check-in was very short and we were onboard and in the Main Dining Room for lunch by 12:40. Food was good - I had the chicken and daughter had the salmon. Relaxing way to start.

Our room was ready by the time we finished lunch. Deck 12, Cabin 2108 (close by the elevator). Hump cabin with an extra large balcony. Although it is on the pool deck and close to the elevator, it was very quiet.

Our cabin steward - Soohdir (call me Shoe) was sensational. When we met him we asked if we could have a cheese plate (no problem). While there was no menu my Daughter asked if she could have a body pillow (no problem.) Could we have pears instead of apples? (no problem). Shoe always had a smile and everything was no problem.

The slot pull and cabin crawl were super. We enjoyed cheering and laughing at the slot pull. 28 players won almost $500. This means after you deduct your $15 entrance fee you won $2.00! The cabin crawl consisted of 4 cabins....but seeing the Sky Suite....wow!

We loved the Oceanview for breakfast - not so much for lunch. The food in the Main Dining Room was very good to excellent. The beef Wellington was as tender and delicious as the filet in Tuscan Grill. We loved the Tuscan Grill - no complaints about the delicious food from beginning to end. We also ate at Qsine. It was so much fun. The food was wonderful. A word of advice - after you order DO let the waiter decide the order he will bring the food. He brought so many yummy things first - the disco shrimp was great! My daughter wanted sushi lollipops (I’ll pass, thank you) so he brought me the salad with the absolute yummiest warm goat cheese patty I have ever eaten. The food keeps coming and in amazing shapes and forms. Even when you think you are finished - you are not!

The service from the time you enter the ship until you exit is fantastic. Everyone smiles and says hello or have a nice day. Sara, the cruise director, is sensational. You want to be best friends with her and my daughter loved her shoes. They talked shoes every time they met.

We, too, had mixed feelings about the shows with the singers and dancers. The Motown group and Beatles Tribute were both excellent and had the audience dancing and singing along. The comedians were also good.

Two events I would highly recommend….Top Chef at sea. Very interesting. And the Liar’s Club. If you do no other show…you should do this one! It is soooooo funny.

We did the Regatta America’s cup in Cozumel. This was a very thrilling sail. Everyone has a job to do (some are very strenuous). Our Capt Ian and his two mates trained us very well and we won! We did get wet, the yacht listed almost to the water! And we were trained in the proper way to hold on the ropes.

We did the Deluxe Sting Ray Sandbar in Grand Cayman. Another interesting, fun excursion. We got to feed them, hold them and if you kiss the sting ray…good luck will come your way. There are many stingrays and they do swim around and brush your feet.

In Jamaica we did a private tour. Falmouth Food Tour - A Taste of History. Great tour guides - very informative and funny. We stopped five times to taste (actually they were huge portions) while walking and learning the history of Jamaica. Both interesting and yummy. We felt very safe the entire time.

This is a beautiful ship with a great crew.

BTW - I do have the Celebrity Today dailies…but I have no clue how to reproduce them and post them. But I will look stuff up - so ask away.

We were on the sailing before you and absolutely loved Sara. Her along with the maitre D in Blu made the cruise perfect for us. I really hope we meet up with Sara again on a future cruise.

Who was the comedian? We had Ralph Harris and he was hilarious. I take it Tenors of Rock was not on your cruise? They were my favorite show.

We were on the sailing before you and absolutely loved Sara. Her along with the maitre D in Blu made the cruise perfect for us. I really hope we meet up with Sara again on a future cruise.

Who was the comedian? We had Ralph Harris and he was hilarious. I take it Tenors of Rock was not on your cruise? They were my favorite show.

No Tenors. We did have Uptown - A Tribute to Motown. These young guys had the place rockin' and dancing.

The Beatles Tribute was also excellent - again folks were clapping, singing and dancing.

The comedians were Ralph Harris and Mike Wilson - a comic-impressionist.

• 2 weeks later...