Have 24 hour hold on Epic

crookedhalo

Good evening! As you can tell by my signature, we usually go RCCL with a sprinkle of CCL for variety. Have a 24 hour hold on a mini-suite on deck 9 of Epic.

Can anyone give me the good and the bad of Epic? Looks very interesting:D

Thank you in advance!

Good evening! As you can tell by my signature, we usually go RCCL with a sprinkle of CCL for variety. Have a 24 hour hold on a mini-suite on deck 9 of Epic.

Can anyone give me the good and the bad of Epic? Looks very interesting:D

Thank you in advance!

Check out the toilet/shower arrangement for starters.

We were on the Epic last year and thought we were not going to like a big ship with lots of people on it. To our surprise even though the cruise was sold out, we never felt like the ship was full. The only time it felt busy was if you decided to go to the buffets as the same time as the rest of the crowd. We just adjusted our times by a 1/2 hour and did not have any issues. We would definitely cruise on the Epic again.

We were on the Epic last year and thought we were not going to like a big ship with lots of people on it. To our surprise even though the cruise was sold out, we never felt like the ship was full. The only time it felt busy was if you decided to go to the buffets as the same time as the rest of the crowd. We just adjusted our times by a 1/2 hour and did not have any issues. We would definitely cruise on the Epic again.

Well we were on Anthem this past November, and that's about 6k people (more than we liked), so this should be fine.

Which cruise? Epic is a unique ship in many ways

I've got a hold on the 12/9 sailing to Ocho Rios, Caymans etc. Royals itineraries were all the samo-samo, been there done that. Shame is that we are five nights from diamond with them - may never make it with their current pricing and lack of neat itineraries:o

I think it's an odd ship. Looks like a hotel on a ship base. Very tall and no public decks until you get up around 10-12, which is what gives it the top heavy appearance. It's not my favorite, but any day at sea is better than a day on land so I would still sail her again! Make advanced reservations for everything from dining to shows.

I have just booked again for this coming October. I love the cruise. The worst part for me is arriving by taxi if there is a RCCL beside the ship. I think the NCL ships look so tacky in comparison. The other negative is that there is no central open area for parades, but it is a great trip. If you go to the Med like we do, it is a really good choice of ports - I still have not exhausted all of the things you can do from Civitavecchia, Livorno and Naples. Lots to get excited about.