FCD no longer refunded if you cancel a cruise?

It wasn't out of date cheznandy, my TA was told they changed the rules the day before

she cancelled. We will probably still lose the $200 as I can't see us cruising any time soon

as the Doctors can't find out what I wrong with my DH. Don't get me started on the Medica

system, this has been going on for 5 months and still counting.:(

So sorry about your hubby Awsome girl, hope they find out what is wrong soon. Not knowing what is wrong is the worst:(

Re your FCD, I assume then that you cancelled within the penalty time eg: under 6 months of the cruise departing?

The FCD is now the same ruling as a cash deposit, so if cancelled 6 months or less prior to the cruise you lose........if cancelled outside that period, you are able to transfer the FCD to another cruise or have it deposited back into your Princess account. If the FCD expires they will send a refund.

I dont mind the new ruling.......just have to be aware of when the dates are......might free up a few cabins where people used to hold them until final payment then cancel.

More info:

"I went to cancel my August cruise yesterday. We had one booked for July but decided it was too much to do one 14 day med then a 6 day break then go to the Baltic. I was there when my TA rang Princess. She was on the phone for ages trying to get them to return my FCD. It was then the Princess supervisor explained the new rules, effective immediately."

I have cancelled my November 28 sailing on the Golden Princess, and my TA got the booking cancelled and the deposit returned as a FCD so that I can use it up until 11-11-2018-bought aboard on my 1st cruise.

I managed to find the details on CC of the new Australian sailings, and have the choice of 2, 1's definitely going to be booked with the FCD and the other will need to be a 20% deposit, so some concentrated saving needs to happen. The 2nd is in April, 3 nights Melbourne-Sydney, the originally booked itinerary which was cancelled "for operational reasons."