Live from the Voyager (very lite!)

We are safely back home after a 16 hour flight. We were on Etihad from Abu Dhabi. It does not compare to Emirates even though it is a UAE carrier. They ran out of food in biz class. They did not have adequate cabin crew. One poor attendant was servicing the whole cabin. The seats were OK.

Our last night onboard we had room service which turned out to be a brilliant idea. The food was hot, excellent and we ate in our bathrobes. I had the Weiner schnitzel ( not sure of spelling) which I learned about on CC. It was delicious.

I did come home with the bronchitis that was drifting around the ship. At least I made it home before it hit.

It was a great trip but hot weather made it challenging .

Thanks TC. I finally got through to our Doctor which wasn't easy and have started a Z pack which I hope does the trick. I usually try to have a spare with me.

Easy boy, I was pleased you enjoyed following along. Thanks for letting me know.

A final note to our wonderful voyage. It was a very enjoyable adventure filled with interesting sights, luxury time to relax on the ship and some challenging images to bring home with me from time spent in some of the countries visited.

One experience I forgot to mention was us watching them load the provisions onto the ship from comfortable chaises outside the Horizon Lounge in Singapore for our 24 day cruise. It seemed to be going very slowly. Indeed, they needed to leave two pallets behind due to it being sail away time and the Captain wanted to leave. We could see the Cline Zinfandel cases still on the dock as we came inside. We latter learned that was to be the supply for the trip. Yikes!

Thanks to all who followed along. We have a stock of wonderful memories for our old age.

Thanks again for those Regent cruise critics who shared their voyage with us--always fun to cruise along with y'all albeit digitally from home.

Ann & Shel--special thanks again for sharing your robust personal cruise experience with us. And please remember well, "Age is a matter of mind, if you don't mind it don't matter." and it (your young age) sure don't matter to me :)

Thanks for keeping us on your trip with you. I picked it up as we leave on Voyager from Venice June 1 and it is getting close. We were last on Voyager in the Baltics and then the voyage up the Scandinavian coast all the way to 80 deg. North. We were on Mariner on last Dec. and Jan. Amazon cruise which was our last cruise for over a year. My husband, Mike, came down with an illness that has never been diagnosed and still has side effects from the bleeding in the lungs. It was during the time of Zika but they refused to test him for it. We are excited to finally feel well enough to be able to explore on Voyager again.

Hi Mayaart. I am glad you came along for a virtual cruise with us. Your husband' s illness sounds scary. It is great that all is well now. It is frightening when they can't figure out what the problem is.

I hope you enjoy the Voayager as much as we did our trip. Both the sights and time onboard were very satisfying. One of our favorite waiter will still be onboard. His name is Denis. You may want to look him up.