Help finding info on the Internet packages

styles27

So if we're cruising inside passage going back to Seattle maybe we will be close enough to land to pick up a cell signal.

We have unlimited data on our phones and iPads so maybe we will get lucky and pick up a signal.

Well, just be aware that the southern tip of Alaska is less than sixty miles south of Ketchikan.

Now, Verizon Wireless (at least) has some 4G coverage along the coast of Canada, but still not much. There appears to be good coverage in the eastern portion of Hecate Strait between Prince Rupert BC and Prescott Island, but I believe the cruise ships generally cruise the western portion of the strait heading for Queen Charlotte Sound. And once past the village of Queen Charlotte, there's no Verizon 4G coverage I can see until getting close to Port Hardy, and that only happens if you're heading for Vancouver. There does seem to be good coverage all the way from Port Hardy to Vancouver, except for a small area where the Johnstone Strait and the Blind Channel intersect. On the west side of Vancouver Island, there's a bit of coverage right by the shore south of Nootka Island but most of it is a dead zone until you enter the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

Keep in mind that with Verizon you may need to add the Canada Plan or TravelPass.

Well, just be aware that the southern tip of Alaska is less than sixty miles south of Ketchikan.

Now, Verizon Wireless (at least) has some 4G coverage along the coast of Canada, but still not much. There appears to be good coverage in the eastern portion of Hecate Strait between Prince Rupert BC and Prescott Island, but I believe the cruise ships generally cruise the western portion of the strait heading for Queen Charlotte Sound. And once past the village of Queen Charlotte, there's no Verizon 4G coverage I can see until getting close to Port Hardy, and that only happens if you're heading for Vancouver. There does seem to be good coverage all the way from Port Hardy to Vancouver, except for a small area where the Johnstone Strait and the Blind Channel intersect. On the west side of Vancouver Island, there's a bit of coverage right by the shore south of Nootka Island but most of it is a dead zone until you enter the Strait of Juan de Fuca.

Keep in mind that with Verizon you may need to add the Canada Plan or TravelPass.

That's helpful info thank you. I do have the international plan with Verizon I'll double check to be sure it includes Canada, but I think it does.

I'm actually hoping that we don't have much service because my husband won't have any peace if the office can get in touch with him. ;)