Carnival excursions ruins

2paradise

Cozumel over the the mainland to Tulum. Go with Carnival as if the bus breaks down they will wait for you. It's a rough ferry ride over, be prepared. Hot in summer. I went in July and it was 112 degrees. Sometimes there are other ruins choices and I'd for other if they are like Chichen Itza.

We have been on both and the chichen itza was more interesting from our experience. It was a long bus ride so definitely take the Carnival excursion in case anything happens with the bus and you can better enjoy your experience and not constantly checking your watch to see if you'll make it back in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Tulum is closer, which is why Chichen Itza is only available as an excursion via Cozumel if your cruise has Cozumel Plus.

We rode the ferry to the mainland when we did the Coba ruins tour out of Cozumel in the fall of 2015. I didn't think the ride was bad at all, so I'm not sure what people are referring to. Yes, you feel movement from the waves, but it's a large ferry. It's not like you are in some dingy out on the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just went to Tulum from Cozumel with Carnival in late October. The water was choppy, but it's a nice speedy ferry boat with comfortable inside seating. I got seasick on the cruise ship and not on the ferry. I even went outside and sat toward the front, getting some water spray. My 74-year-old mother rode the boat with no problems also. It's totally fine.