FREEDOM LIVE - April 23 to May 7 - Let's sail the Atlantic together!

I am back in the land of living and kinda sorta over my post cruise depression.

The last sea was wonderful, but I had a feeling we didn't have enough sea days. If I could book a three week cruise to nowhere, I probably would. Freedom is a wonderful ship and she has so much to offer. I have yet to sail Liberty and Indy, but until then Freedom made it to my number one.

I really enjoyed Palma de Mallorca and our independent tour was once again wonderful. I learned a valuable lesson though. Even if it is warm and sunny and you plan on going to the Tramontan Mountains, take a sweater. I didn't and I was extremely cold. Luckily it didn't last and I got warm soon enough

b059c5b72d6e5be345c7affd0320fa12.jpg

c13960f46ae954054e229d9f91dc9ccc.jpg

73abfdc469ea4b3522750e3cc3b27293.jpg

ea90630b3634fd6053a0bcf3d0fb4c3c.jpg

Cindy

The last night was kind of sad, since you have to say goodbye to all the great cruise buddies you met. I really don't like saying goodbye, but I am sure some people I met will cross my path again.

I give this cruise and this ship a very high rating, probably 6 out of 5 stars. It is like making a puzzle and all the pieces fit: It was that great. That's why leaving this ship was so hard.

Sailing as a solo is no reason to panic. You meet a lot of people in such a short time, it makes your heart spin. And if you hesitate to do a crossing, just go ahead and book it. It is incredibly relaxing and so much fun.

Immigration in Barcelona was a breeze for European citizens, not so for others. The wait was probably easily 30 minutes, probably more the later you got off. Not so for Mario who was first in line to disembark. Smart guy if you ask me.

Get on the right bus in Barcelona of you have a shore excursion. It says shore excursion and not airport [emoji5]. I had booked a city tour with airport drop off. Barcelona is a wonderful city, but it was extremely crowded

I flew with Brussels Airlines in a great exit row

e02d054113826f392194d80bdc9aad7a.jpg

432fe6bc82d6ffbbf087fe03ed955657.jpg

Cindy

Thanks Cindy for your report and all the cruise compasses. I believe I saw you somewhere on Freedom though we never spoke to each other. I left all the compassess into cabin, therefore it's nice to have them here!

We enjoyed our cruise as much as you did yours, but it is kinda funny to see that our experience was different although we were on same ship & cruise. I love Freedom, we enjoyed food and service although we did face some hickups and did receive a 10 % future cruise discount for the inconveniences.

Safe travels to your!

Leaving for London tomorrow, with the Eurostar and flying to Orlando Tuesday on Norwegian's Air 789. I'll be spending 4 nights in Orlando where I have rented a car and will be hitting the outlets.

Saturday I will be driving to Fort Lauderdale and return my rental car. I am embarking the Freedom next Sunday for my first Transatlantic crossing. As long as Freedom's internet cooperates, I plan on taking you along.

I am spending my first night close to MCO, at the Best Western Airport Inn and Suites, that I booked through Priceline. I have an AirBNB booked for 3 nights in the Dr. Phillips neighbourhood. I specifically looked for hosts with dogs [emoji846]. In Fort Lauderdale I booked the Marriott Harbor and Beach Resort Spa.

As you already noticed, I will be doing a pre-cruise report too.

I will be staying in promenade stateroom 8631, at the time of booking it was the same price as a regular inside. I had originally booked a 16-night crossing on the Rhapsody, but it got redeployed. I ended up with $200 OBC for the inconvenience. I will be doing specialty restaurants. I have BOGO booked for the first two nights and I also booked Sabor and Giovanni's. I will also be doing MTD for the first time.

Photos I post here will be taken with my Iphone SE. I am also taking my Nikon D3300 with a 105mm lens, but posting pictures is much easier with my Iphone as you all know, much easier if you're being lazy!

My usual travel mate, my mom, won't be joining me on this journey. She decided that being on the ship this long (we have 8 consecutive sea days) wasn't for her. I'll miss my roomie!

We had a very active roll call, with tons of activities (slot pull, cabin crawl, chocolate sampling, etc). Lots of members have tours organised and I have signed up for those non-ship tours.

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go

7ff9a43b5431b0a138f72392012752c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advance booking doesn't work for BOGO. You have to booked once you are on the ship. We found out the hard way.