FREEDOM LIVE - April 23 to May 7 - Let's sail the Atlantic together!

Our position earlier today. We should reach the Azores tomorrow at 8, morning or evening, I don't really know

67a7d87a97a2473523edade112953f2e.jpg

ee9a75207ba67233db2725ea206819dc.jpg

0712f4a3fd41124c12124c64964c46bb.jpg

I had a wonderful day. Let me start by saying that I seem to sleep longer and longer and still end up tired. I am probably just so relaxed that I am catching up on sleep. Being in the middle of the ocean us amazing. I could see myself doing another crossing in the future. I absolutely live it, just as I absolutely love this ship, this crew and the food. The food is wonderful, both in the MDR and thé Windjammer!

After breakfast I was so ready for my all access tour. It was 2 hours long, took us to the bridge, the engine control room, I95, the galley, the stock rooms and the recycle place. It was so worth $89. I had a blast and was left with a souvenir

d68fe46b1ea97d18ea6cd478fb6acc4f.jpg

More pictures coming!

Cindy

Recycle recycle recycle

238950dad937c69dac77ef64b111a0dc.jpg

d314c02ed4cbc03d96bdbd9b7c492850.jpg

Went up to have lunch in the Windjammer and then I took a nap before the 3.30 performance of Freedom-ice.com. It was outstanding

26d8b66af106d9a7d52e00a2ce7cc442.jpg

1bcd921f7384bf66d2516a756cf9454d.jpg

c0cb6a8d004b0688b262c8fd95b26dfb.jpg

Tonight was the second formal night. I had a wonderful cup of cream of asparagus and a grilled chicken Caesar salad with a baked potato. I skipped desert in the MDR and headed to the Windjammer for a wonderful crepe! They are delicious.

Tonight's show is a juggler, but I will be skipping the show again and go to bed early.

Cindy

Enjoying your review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for following

Love reading this! We are doing the transatlantic in October on Freedom and this is making me so jealous!!!

I have a favor if you find time friends of ours are going to be staying in cabin 1880 on Deck 12, they are concerned with the area as it looks to be off the health club and it's part of the newly added cabins, if you could could you possibly snap a few photos of the entrance to the cabins on 12 and the hallway near it??? It would make them stop freaking out about that part lol

I'll go take a look later on and make a picture.

We are on 8 forward on ours, no other balconies were left when we booked 14 months out. So I'm a tad concerned about that, I'll be packing Dramamine and sea bands for sure.

When we did the cabin crawl I felt a lot more motion in the forward ocean view. I am seasick and have been taking bonine. I am doing great so far, those pills will surely help.

Wow, it must be very windy! Stay safe, just about where are you?

Laurie

Staying safely inside, that's for sure. There goes my dream of going home with a nice tan... [emoji31]. I am currently in my bed, but you probably didn't want to know that [emoji23][emoji12]. Posted our position just for you.

Cindy

We are on 8 forward on ours, no other balconies were left when we booked 14 months out. So I'm a tad concerned about that, I'll be packing Dramamine and sea bands for sure.

My husband also uses sea bands and ginger gum. I on the other hand do not get sea sick. We are on deck 12. Happy sailing. Freedom is a great ship and its crew is amazing and so is the food. ;)

thanks for following

I'll go take a look later on and make a picture.

When we did the cabin crawl I felt a lot more motion in the forward ocean view. I am seasick and have been taking bonine. I am doing great so far, those pills will surely help.

Staying safely inside, that's for sure. There goes my dream of going home with a nice tan... [emoji31]. I am currently in my bed, but you probably didn't want to know that [emoji23][emoji12]. Posted our position just for you.

Cindy

Thank you!

Storage rooms

The booze room

9332fb714ed6949e1cfcc4b2d80f8d9c.jpg

Cindy

I don't know how I have missed your review, but I just had a nice power read. I'm loving it. It is unfortunate that your mom isn't with you but it looks like you are having great fun. A few of the beverages behind you should help you sleep better tonight.

I looking forward to reading more of it.

Staying safely inside, that's for sure. There goes my dream of going home with a nice tan... [emoji31]. I am currently in my bed, but you probably didn't want to know that [emoji23][emoji12]. Posted our position just for you. Cindy

LOL. Somewhere out in the Altantic, hmmm. Not quite sure if I'm ready for a transatlantic yet. Thanks!

Laurie

Thank you so much for taking us along! I would love to do a TA one day! Do you find it hard to "lose" the time over the sailing or does the length of the sail and the relaxing on board counter it?

LOVE that that you can get Netflix from "somewhere" in the Atlantic! Thanks again!

After breakfast I was so ready for my all access tour. It was 2 hours long, took us to the bridge, the engine control room, I95, the galley, the stock rooms and the recycle place. It was so worth $89. I had a blast and was left with a souvenir

Thanks for your feedback on this. We set sail on my OH's birthday so I've booked this tour as his birthday gift! As an engineer I think he'll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review - you're doing a great job!

Thank you for reading.

My husband also uses sea bands and ginger gum. I on the other hand do not get sea sick. We are on deck 12. Happy sailing. Freedom is a great ship and its crew is amazing and so is the food. ;)

I agree 100% with the you. Amazing crew and great food. I bet the guy who said at the Captain's corner that the food,was awful has been eating somewhere else [emoji12]

Thank you!

You're very welcome!

I am thoroughly enjoying this review. Thank you soooo much for taking us along [emoji4]

I am glad to have you along.

LOL. Somewhere out in the Altantic, hmmm. Not quite sure if I'm ready for a transatlantic yet. Thanks!

Laurie

You are ready for one. This is the best cruise ever.

Cindy

I don't know how I have missed your review, but I just had a nice power read. I'm loving it. It is unfortunate that your mom isn't with you but it looks like you are having great fun. A few of the beverages behind you should help you sleep better tonight.

I looking forward to reading more of it.

Glad to have you following along, Andrew! One drop of the beverages behind me will put me to sleep, since I don't like alcohol. Don't like beer either, and that from someone coming from Belgium! Thanks for reading

Cindy

Thank you so much for taking us along! I would love to do a TA one day! Do you find it hard to "lose" the time over the sailing or does the length of the sail and the relaxing on board counter it?

LOVE that that you can get Netflix from "somewhere" in the Atlantic! Thanks again!

I feel like the days are not long enough. You don't really feel that you're losing an hour a day. But maybe that can explain some of my tiredness.

Yes, Netflix has been working so far. I love VOOM's surf and stream

Thanks for your feedback on this. We set sail on my OH's birthday so I've booked this tour as his birthday gift! As an engineer I think he'll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will certainly love the engine control room.

Cindy

Another relaxing day at sea!

Slept until 9 and then I had breakfast at Cafe Promenade. They have a very good choice and it's less hectic than the Windjammer.

At 10 we had round 5 of master sea chef. There's only 2 chefs left and on the last sea day they will be cooking hot food.

We had our Meet and Mingle lunch at 11.45 and it was really good and lots of fun. I think there were about 200+ of us and the Beef Wellington I had was lovely. I have pictures on my phone, but it won't let me on tapatalk.

We played some Mexican Train and then I headed up to the pool, in the sun. Not a lot of wind anymore and it was so nice in the sun.

A lot of work has been going on around the ship, they seem to be working on the H2O zone. Saw Captain Espen checking on the progress. He is by far the most present Captain I have had on a cruise. I run into him somewhere every day.

Tonight is Quest, so I may be attending that for the first time.

Cindy

Not a lot of wind anymore and it was so nice in the sun.

So glad to hear you're getting some nicer weather, but more glad that you're having such a good time regardless of the weather. I'm really enjoying following along and loving all the photos, thank you!

Especially nice to read your comments Cindy since I am on this cruise as well and though it's been definitely rocky it's been lots of fun so far. I'm disappointed that I missed the slot pull..I was on the list but must have misunderstood..I thought we would be notified about the date and time but I guess that wasn't the case.

This is my first time on RCL and one thing that I'm thrilled about is to find those stateroom finder boards near each elevator...with my terrible sense of direction..it's saved me lots of time...time I would have spent walking and trying to find my cabin...but then again at least I would have gotten some exercise!!

Enjoy the rest of he cruise..land ahead!

Camelia