Escape Embarkation in Miami

ATC64

Looking for a time to embark with the best chance for short wait times. We fly into Miami around 10pm the night before departure and would like to sleep in and take our time getting to the ship. We've done early arrival on our previous 5 cruises but this time would like to just go straight to the room then muster drill before we explore the ship and get the party started.

Is 2pm an ok check-in time for a 4pm departure?

I wouldn't push it quite so close, only because you have to be on the ship by 2:00 for a 4:00 pm departure. I'd shoot for 1:00, just to give cushion for an unexpected traffic delay, etc.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Thanks so much,,,I didn't realize 2pm would be pushing it. I think we'll shoot for a noon hotel checkout and make our way to the terminal and be there by 1. I just hope its not a madhouse at 1pm. If so, I think we would prefer a much earlier check-in time. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,,,I didn't realize 2pm would be pushing it. I think we'll shoot for a noon hotel checkout and make our way to the terminal and be there by 1. I just hope its not a madhouse at 1pm. If so, I think we would prefer a much earlier check-in time. Any suggestions?

At 1:00 p.m., there won't be that many people waiting to check in. You should be able to breeze through security, check in then board right away.

Have a great cruise,

Tracy

Looking for a time to embark with the best chance for short wait times. We fly into Miami around 10pm the night before departure and would like to sleep in and take our time getting to the ship. We've done early arrival on our previous 5 cruises but this time would like to just go straight to the room then muster drill before we explore the ship and get the party started.

Is 2pm an ok check-in time for a 4pm departure?

So,,, 2 pm is your all aboard time. Technically, if your taxi gets delayed and you show up at 2:01, they could deny you boarding. Would they, no.

Between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm, they need to check in 4500 passengers. Anything between noon and 1:00 will be very busy with long lines. If you have any kinda priority boarding, that will help you to get through check-in, but you're on your own at security. If you do not have priority boarding, the system should force you to pick a "time to arrive at port" during your online check-in process.

We stick to the 10:15 port arrival, get through the security and check-in process, and spend 30 minutes in the waiting area reading the morning paper before general boarding starts around 11:30. Remember to look at your eDocs since the Escape (and Getaway) use both terminal B and C. Your room keys are only at one of the terminals.