Costa Magica Info

zqvol

I am trying to plan a Christmas week trip and am looking at Costa Magica. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments? We are usually on Sea Dream so a "big" ship is going to be very different.

My wife has to work that week so this will be for my son and myself. Will this work for a 17 year old. I am not worried about the destinations, etc.

Anything unusual about Costa. I have read that toiletries need to be brought along, is this true or an evil rumor? Also is there a program for a sodas so that you don't pay for them individually? Anything else anyone can think of will be appreciated.

Thanks

Look at my post later in the message board concerning "just got off the 10/30 Magica".

As far as the toiletries, there is one soap dispenser in the shower of which they will fill it up. If you don't mind there soap works fine. However, if you want your own shampoo, soap, you will need to bring it with you.

As far as the soda, they will promote a discount program the first day or so on a discount on buying 20 (I think) non-alcohol package which includes soda, water, etc. It seems like a decent package if you drank many sodas. What you can do is at the first port, just buy some soda and you can bring it back on board with no problems.

The ship itself is pretty huge and impressive. It had for the week around 3400 folks and it never seems like it for the entire week.

Archived