I'm going on a western caribbean cruise 11/27/05??

meila

Silly questions but have to ask, Do they have Irons on board?

Do they have blow dryers?

How can people notify me back home if there is an emergency?

What would be a good time to show up to embark? we are driving down to galveston.

Can we carry our bags to our rooms or do we have to check those in when we embark?

I am not sure which line you are sailing on so I will base my answer on the 2 lines I have been on. Neither line allows irons in the cabins as they are a fire hazard - on carvinal they had laundry rooms that had irons and ironing boards - long wait to iron on formal nights so plan early. On RCI you can send your stuff out to be press for a fee no laundry rooms.

Both lines had hairdryers in the room - but I always bought my own from home as I have long thick hair that can take up to an hour to dry.

On most cruise doc there is an number to call in case of emergency - but be careful I think in the tune of $7-$8 per minute for the call for the person calling - I always just check my email everyday from the ship.

I always like to get on the ship as early as possible - drop carry on bags into room - get lunch - drink and explore - the ships I was on were huge and mind boggling the first time I saw one.

I always carry on a small suitcase with change of cloths and swim suit and checked the rest of the baggage - I do not believe you can carry on all your suitcases because they have to go through screening and has to fit through the xray machine - also lots of walking and some steps you really don't want to carry any more then you must - think of bringing all your bags into the airport to the gate instead of checking them with skycaps - same thing.

Silly questions but have to ask, Do they have Irons on board?

Do they have blow dryers?

How can people notify me back home if there is an emergency?

What would be a good time to show up to embark? we are driving down to galveston.

Can we carry our bags to our rooms or do we have to check those in when we embark?

Yes--Irons are onboard in the laundry rooms. If you need to use the iron do so the day before formal nights--these laundry rooms are very crowded and you will see lines most of the day to get clothes ironed

blow dryers are located in the desk at the vanity. If you have long or thick hair--take your own or you will be drying your hair most of the nigths.. they are not strong and they are the kind youhave to hold the button down while drying.

In your documents will be an emergencynumber for people at home to call.

can you carry your luggage to the cabin?? sure but know that elevators amy not be working or are very busy due to cabin stewards taking luggague off for people who checked it. You might get to the ship early.. and cant get to your cabin until 1pm..then you have to carry that luggage with you til the cabins are available.

Archived