Garden villa pearl 4/13/17 -4/20/17

philip_eunice1

• 1 month later...
Just of the pearl stayed in garden villa with 5 room 14000 any questions please ask will answer if I can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Philip-

I'm staying in the exact same room on the pearl in October, and had a couple of questions--especially since it's my understanding that the room was recently redone and the videos on YouTube are now outdated.

1) is it true that there is a private steam room out by the hot tub?

2) Any hammocks on the decks (upper or lower)?

3) where do guests 7&8 sleep? Does the couch in the master bedroom pullout? How about pullouts in the other rooms?

4) is it true that you still get to pick 6 bottles for the room (are these liters or regular bottles)?

5) anything else I should know? Tips/tricks?

Thanks so much--I hope you had an amazing trip!

Hi Philip-

I'm staying in the exact same room on the pearl in October, and had a couple of questions--especially since it's my understanding that the room was recently redone and the videos on YouTube are now outdated.

3) where do guests 7&8 sleep? Does the couch in the master bedroom pullout? How about pullouts in the other rooms?

4) is it true that you still get to pick 6 bottles for the room (are these liters or regular bottles)?

1 yes was on all the time room or 2 people 3 at a squeeze

2 no but ask they might have some stored away

3 think it's in the first bedroom pull out couch but don't really know a there was only 5 of us

4 regular spirits you should get a letter from pre concierge with what available

Relax enjoy your trip the more you interact with the staff the better trip you will have as many treat them badly but there absolutely amazing

We had a problem with the hot tub needed to be emptied one day while we were on shore we were yeah whatever concierge credited us $500 for our inconvenience which was really zero because it was back in use by 5pm

Disembarking was a breeze concierge came to villa at 8.50 thru the crew passage ways pops out right at the exit to the ship scans cards hands us over to someone from the port authority straight past the lines there collect luggage outside port authority lady finds our transport loaded luggage and away by 9.05 amazing

When waiting or wanting anything just drop into the conversation your room number and watch how quickly it happens anything else just ask

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Philip-

I did upload some updated vids to YouTube if u can't find let me know

3 think it's in the first bedroom pull out couch but don't really know a there was only 5 of us

4 regular spirits you should get a letter from pre concierge with what available

Relax enjoy your trip the more you interact with the staff the better trip you will have as many treat them badly but there absolutely amazing

We had a problem with the hot tub needed to be emptied one day while we were on shore we were yeah whatever concierge credited us $500 for our inconvenience which was really zero because it was back in use by 5pm

Disembarking was a breeze concierge came to villa at 8.50 thru the crew passage ways pops out right at the exit to the ship scans cards hands us over to someone from the port authority straight past the lines there collect luggage outside port authority lady finds our transport loaded luggage and away by 9.05 amazing

When waiting or wanting anything just drop into the conversation your room number and watch how quickly it happens anything else just ask

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions -- every ship is a little different, so it's great to know the exact answers for our specific room.

Thanks for the additional tips as well -- we've never stayed in a room anything close to as nice as this, so it will definitely take a little getting used to! We plan to tip the butlers/concierge very very well!

It sounds like you had a great concierge. Do you mind saying who it was? We had a TERRIBLE concierge (Bruno) on the Jewel when we were in the GV over Christmas. Numerous issues, including the hot tub not working for more than a day, and we were NOT comped anything. Note, we did not ask to be comped, but we spent a lot of time in the hot tub, and we did not really leave the ship, so the lack of the hot tub that day DID totally impact our cruise.

Before people flame me for mentioning how bad Bruno was, understand we are not super demanding people and we are always nice and respectful to the staff. We like to learn about them, where they are from, etc. We do not treat them like servants. Bruno was so bad I actually wrote him a letter telling him exactly how bad he was, and we talked to the Hotel Director about him as well. We are not complainers by nature, so you can just imagine how bad he was. I hope to God he is not the concierge on the Pearl next year when we sail her.

Yahida was the concierge she was from the Dominican Republic

We never asked to be compensated for the hot tub she just told us we had been

She made it her business to find out what we were doing everyday and we're we was eating each night

She also arranged for us to have a free dinner at the Japanese restaurant I asked how come she said just my treat to you

It sounds like you had a great concierge. Do you mind saying who it was? We had a TERRIBLE concierge (Bruno) on the Jewel when we were in the GV over Christmas. Numerous issues, including the hot tub not working for more than a day, and we were NOT comped anything. Note, we did not ask to be comped, but we spent a lot of time in the hot tub, and we did not really leave the ship, so the lack of the hot tub that day DID totally impact our cruise.

Before people flame me for mentioning how bad Bruno was, understand we are not super demanding people and we are always nice and respectful to the staff. We like to learn about them, where they are from, etc. We do not treat them like servants. Bruno was so bad I actually wrote him a letter telling him exactly how bad he was, and we talked to the Hotel Director about him as well. We are not complainers by nature, so you can just imagine how bad he was. I hope to God he is not the concierge on the Pearl next year when we sail her.

Nobody should flame you or anyone else for their opinion on a concierge. It really does seem that people can experience very different experiences with concierge/butler on a trip.

We've heard people rave about so and so and we've had them and scratched our heads. Conversely, we've had someone who is pretty good and others don't like that person.

So tips are one way the folks should provide good service but maybe a survey would also ensure good service like DCL does.

Nobody should flame you or anyone else for their opinion on a concierge. It really does seem that people can experience very different experiences with concierge/butler on a trip.

We've heard people rave about so and so and we've had them and scratched our heads. Conversely, we've had someone who is pretty good and others don't like that person.

So tips are one way the folks should provide good service but maybe a survey would also ensure good service like DCL does.

You are right that one person can be great to some and terrible to others. At the end of our cruise when we were having yet more issues with Bruno, I saw some people who seemed to love him. Perhaps he did a lot more for them or just did SOMETHING for them, and they enjoyed his services. Our experience was so different though.

My all time favorite concierge to date is Adrian, who was our concierge on the Epic. We were in a low end suite for that cruise, but he was just fabulous. He set the bar very high, and no one has met it yet, even when we were in the GV the first time (which btw, was a great experience, and no complaints, just not Adrian).