Chef's Table Question-

forb0054

Has anybody went to the Chef's table recently on The Glory? I was wondering what night it is held. Also, was the experience worth the cost? Finally, what time did dinner start and end? Thank you for your responses. We are debating reserving spots for my Husband's 40th Birthday.

Personally we love the Chef's Table. We have done several of them over the years but the one we did on the Glory was many years ago when it was doing the Hawaii and it was then called The Supper Club with a live music and dancing. The best advise is you have to be a foodie and enjoy a 3 hour dinner. The food is always amazing and fun to try things you might not normally try. Like I said we love them 2 cruises booked and 2 Chefs Tables confirmed. Enjoy and experience life to its fullest !!!

we chose Chef's Table over the steakhouse to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this coming Nov (on Vista). our decision driver is that we are foodies and love to explore unique food experience and that CT is much more experience dining, including the adult beverages, than any on-boat steak house experience.

book CT as they are super limited in availability and you can always cancel should you elect to.

many CC reviewers have raved about CT. as for a steakhouse experience, you can sample the menu there on your first sea-day as there's usually a demo at 1030/11AM. ARRIVE early to the demo if you want a close-up seat the see the chefs in action.

enjoy your cruise and happy 40th to your hubs.

Am I correct though that if you sign up for Chefs table that you do not know the night or time until on the cruise ship?

no, you can request a specific night if you know in advance what night you'd like to attend. the time is specific and set by Carnival. budget 3 hours for a CT experience is what we were advised.

we did this 10 months in advance of our cruise (actually all our specialty restaurant reservations) via email and received an email confirmation from a rep at Carnival.

you can book specialty restaurants via the My Cruise Manager page and at the bottom, select Specialty Dining Reservations and click on the restaurant you'd like to reserve a table at.

no, you can request a specific night if you know in advance what night you'd like to attend. the time is specific and set by Carnival. budget 3 hours for a CT experience is what we were advised.

we did this 10 months in advance of our cruise (actually all our specialty restaurant reservations) via email and received an email confirmation from a rep at Carnival.

you can book specialty restaurants via the My Cruise Manager page and at the bottom, select Specialty Dining Reservations and click on the restaurant you'd like to reserve a table at.

Thank you for the info....we too would like to book a specialty restaurant in addition to CT and we also are cruising with our child so not knowing the specific day would complicate the matter...good to know.

We just did the Chef's Table Tuesday night. As soon as we got on board, we tried to get CT for Wednesday since it was our actual anniversary but were unable to change.

We were instructed to meet down in the lobby at 6:15 and we finished up around 10:00. A wonderful, amazing experience!!!

Am I correct though that if you sign up for Chefs table that you do not know the night or time until on the cruise ship?

This is true on some ships. I've booked the Chef's Table for our quickie 3-night Liberty cruise in August, and my confirmation e-mail states date and time would be finalized on board.

My son and I did the Chefs Table on the Magic last Oct. This was my 3rd CT experience and probably the best.From entering the Galley to the last taste of the chocolate hazelnut / basil cocoa logs this was a 5 star dining experience.My son mentioned to Chef Santosh Gawai that I have worked in as a cook/chef/kitchen manager for over 40 yrs and for the rest of the cruise he greeted me and asked how I was enjoying the food.My point these people take pride in what they do and enjoy doing it.They make it a personal experience for each person.