Just off the Paradise

ddehaven

Not that I know of I think as long as it has Costa Maya on the itinerary it is not fixed but don't quote me. I did not notice anything wrong but I did notice when we went 2 years ago we woke up and were in Tampa this time we woke up and we just started getting into port at about 7:30-8 but that did not seem to hold us up getting off the boat.

I think you are right. We are going June 10th and the itinerary has been changed multiple times. Booked going to Grand Cayman, changed to Honduras I think and finally now we are going to Costa Maya!

I think you are right. We are going June 10th and the itinerary has been changed multiple times. Booked going to Grand Cayman, changed to Honduras I think and finally now we are going to Costa Maya!

Ours is scheduled for grand caymen in January so is this at risk of changing??

We just came off the Paradise this Thursday May 4th. First I will say, my father in law paid for this cruise for 15 of us which he does every 5 years. It is all adults. Although I have been on Carnival, it has been awhile since I last booked a cruise with them. I don't know how to put this but this ship needs to go to the scrap yard. It's OLD and falling apart. I have never seen so much ugliness in a ship in a long time. Things falling apart everywhere. Our room had a pink sink with a stopper on a chain. Who does that anymore??? The window was all rusted and nasty. You could not see out of it. The mirror was broken so I told the cabin steward right off so he didn't think we did it. Carpet was stained and worn. Walking around the atrium, it made you feel miserable, depressed the colors of ugly brown all over was too much. One of the engines was not working but the other 5 were. We took a behind tour of the ship and we were told that as long as the smaller ships made money, they would continue to maintain them, and refurbish them because once they send all this class of ship to scrap yards, they will never build a new one that small so once they are gone, that's it. Also, we were told that if the ship starts costing more to fix and repair then what it makes, then it will be scrapped. But I wasn't totally disappointed as the service from every employee was fantastic. I will not talk bad about the food because too many passengers do that. I found it somewhat good but this ship has NO alternatives in dining. The entertainment was good. No balconies unless you were in suites and I was told they were disgusting. My in laws had one because of all the rooms they booked. When you go to port, just take a look at the ceilings on the suites when you get off the ship, that should say it all.... There was not hand sanitizers in the food area as you walk in so take that as word to the wise and bring some with you. Their cruise director was excellent!!! he is married to one of the dancers. I don't want to sound ungrateful for the cruise, I normally love being on any ship. I have not committed to any cruise lines and have tried others. I just might try another NEW Carnival some day, but this ship is dreary and ugly and old. The day we got off, we arrived at port at 3am because they were cutting out a door in the side of the ship for preparation in going to Cuba. Hope they seal it up tight. !!!