Asia on "Millie"

LuAnn

Hi LuAnn,

Thanks for the great info - we board in Tokyo next weekend for the Asia-Transpacific and are really looking forward to it. I have a dress code question for you: This will be our first time on Celebrity (have done Carnival/NCL/Princess) and I'm struggling with what to wear in the MDR for evening meals. In the Caribbean I would wear sundresses, but I'm really not sure on Celebrity or this kind of itinerary. Would sundresses still be okay? Or would I be better off with capris and nice tops, or nice jeans and nice tops? What kind of attire did you see each evening? My husband will usually wear his nice slacks and button shirts or nice polo shirts - I assume that should be fine for him?

Thanks for any info you can provide o n this topic. :)

Celine

Hi LuAnn,

Thanks for the great info - we board in Tokyo next weekend for the Asia-Transpacific and are really looking forward to it. I have a dress code question for you: This will be our first time on Celebrity (have done Carnival/NCL/Princess) and I'm struggling with what to wear in the MDR for evening meals. In the Caribbean I would wear sundresses, but I'm really not sure on Celebrity or this kind of itinerary. Would sundresses still be okay? Or would I be better off with capris and nice tops, or nice jeans and nice tops? What kind of attire did you see each evening? My husband will usually wear his nice slacks and button shirts or nice polo shirts - I assume that should be fine for him?

Thanks for any info you can provide o n this topic. :)

Celine

Since we did not eat in the MDR for dinner (we were in Blu) not sure what to tell you...I think it might be a little cool on the ship to wear sundresses but if you have worn them before and the A/C didn't bother you I think you would be fine. I always wear black pants and a blouse to dinner and my DH wears similar to your DH..everyone seems to dress much more casual than in the past. Have a great time!! LuAnn

We were on the Millennium in March from Hong Kong to Shanghai, 14 nights including stops in Taiwan, Nagasaki Japan, 3 stops in Korea, 3 nights in Tianjin (Beijing) and ending in Shanghai. It was a great trip, we enjoyed it all except the the Chinese immigration issues. We were told we had to have visas for China so we paid the outrageos cost and got them. We were told we needed to bring 3 photo copies of our passports and we did, we were told that it was great news that we picked up Chinese immigration officials on our last stop in Korea and then had them onboard to do their work as we spent a day and a half cruising towards China and we would save a lot of time once we got to Tianjin. It sounded good but once we docked at 6am, they said we should be cleared around 8am...we left the ship at 10:30am. Why? All because they can. Originally we were told the gangways would be open all night, but that was then changed to be back by 11pm or stay on shore.... when we left Tianjin, late after more "immigration" delays we were supposed to sail straight to Shanghai. As we got underway the captain announced "we have to make a technical stop in Jeju Island Korea to satisfy the Chinese immigation officials". That meant sailing 160 miles out of our way, burning extra fuel and pushing the ship up to 17-19 kts for a day and half rather than the planned 14kts. More fuel wasted. Why? Because they can, because they said so....Disembarking in Shanghai was a bit better but still nonsence delays because they could. Oh, 3 days later leaving Shanghai by air, 6 different "security" and immigration inspections and customs......It was an amazing trip, Celebrity did a great job of trying to make it all work but there is no way I would ever go back to China....even with my good for 10 years visa.

We are doing this cruise March 2018, how was the weather?

thanks!