Alaska cruisetour without early AM luggage collection

puli

Last ditch effort to find a Princess Alaska Cruise tour that does not entail having to get up in the wee hours to put out "go with you luggage". Our hope is to travel as lightly as possible and at the same time sleep as late as possible..LOL.

In order to do this we will need to bring a regular suitcase and a carry on. I realize that the regular suitcase must go either under our bus or on a separate vehicle. However, we do not want to have it collected from our room before 7:30. Is this possible?

We are flexible as to tour agenda as long as we get to take a Tundra Wilderness tour.. We are flexible regarding seeing Fairbanks, Anchorage, Kenai etc.

yes I saw that in your review but I also read another review of the same tour but at a later date where the first day the inside cabin pick up time was 6 AM and the other travel mornings it was outside of your door pick up time of 7 AM..

We are looking into doing the cruise separate from a Princess land tour that does Anchorage, Denali and Seward which is even better ...gives us the Portage cruise, the Wildlife Conservation Center,Denali Tundra Wilderness Tour and The Kenai Cruise for @ $1000 less. Might loose the sale bonus of paid tips right now but there will be other sales . Have the EB4 cruisetour already booked so hopefully if the land tour added to cruise works out date wise we can drop the cruisetour but still keep our suite (will loose the sale perks but that is OK).

I was just told the pick up time each travel day depends upon where your tour group stands in the queue..some very,very early and some a little before departure time.. of course this was from a Princess receptionist so who know if this is true.

No thats pretty much correct. For the one really early one we had we just asked if we could drop at desk night before and they said fine.. It made it.

well that has made my day! in case I can't switch to the Princess Alaska land tour #3KN in conjunction with a straight southbound cruise.

Puli: The EB4 cruise is quite different to the DB4 cruise so our times will not apply.

We are doing this in 2018 and from what I gather the 2018 EB4 is the old DB4 ..Anchorage (1 night) -McKinley Lodge(1 night)-Denali (2 nights) -Whittier.

We are doing this in 2018 and from what I gather the 2018 EB4 is the old DB4 ..Anchorage (1 night) -McKinley Lodge(1 night)-Denali (2 nights) -Whittier.

I see what they have done. It truly was a spectacular tour --totally blessed with the weather.

I like the idea of having the desk look after the luggage on the early mornings. When you arrive at the Anchorage hotel you will go to the Princess area and receive your packets with tags etc. I would ask them about luggage pick-up options. Also ask these questions on the Alaska forum --they offer wonderful help.

Just a note, you can't just drop the land portion from a cruisetour booking -- you'll need to cancel and rebook as cruise-only.

yes I will check first to be sure I can still re-book the cruise with my same cabin.I am aware the price will be different...perhaps even cheaper. but If i can't keep my old cabin we will not do anything in Alaska and instead do the Mississippi River with Viking.

On most if not all of the Alaska excursions, the luggage is collected loaded on a truck (not the bus) that goes directly to the next location. That is why it is usually in your room when you get there. To do that and make sure that the luggage gets to the destination and distributed before the tour passengers arrive it needs to get collected relatively early.