Carnival Victory Review - 4/17 to 4/21/2017

Cruise Report

4/17 to 4/21/2017

Hi all. Had a great time on the Carnival Victory. I won't bore you with the intricate details, but I will share with you my overall impressions on the important things.

Embarkation:

Easy process. Got in early and were the 3rd group in line. They let us in the terminal around 9:45am. It took 5 minutes. We waited until 11:30 and we were on the boat and having lunch at 11:50. Couldn't have been smoother.

Debarkation:

Easier. Pulled our luggage off. They called Deck 6 ahead of schedule at 8:45 and we were off the boat 10 minutes later.

Entertainment:

The ship needs more things to do that don't involve sitting around and drinking or gambling or spa activities. We attended a few game shows, which were great, and went to both stage shows. Living in America is hokey and terrible, while Vroom is very fun. I recommend doing the Carnival Quest. I can't talk about it, but it's worth going. Also, the comedy club needs to be in a larger location.

Food:

Honestly, I thought the food at Lido was mostly better than the dining room. We enjoyed the dining room experience, but it was hit or miss. Highlights include goat, WCMC, Escargots, Stuffed Mushrooms, Portobello Mushroom entree. Try the Seafood Shack. Lobster Rolls were terrific. We had room service most late nights and it was fast and good.

Cheers Program:

Worth it. We had around 11 drinks a day so it added up and we saved a bunch of money using the program. Service was always fast. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a drink except for the Comedy Club. There were just too many people for the waiter to manage. TRY THE ALCHEMY BAR.

Staff:

Cruise Director Matey was fun and his Cheerrrrrrrrioooo signature line is quite addicting. His assistant Lee, the Comedy Club Manager, should be a Cruise Director one day. He is a blast. Never got a cold shoulder from anyone other than this older guy who tends bar in the Ionian Room. He's an *******. Nikola in the Alchemy Bar is the best and a true pro.

For our honeymoon, they offered us 50 in 32d165805edeb2d980bb5548e7e3f8de.jpg0f210841973d812b987a5b6f37e61d88.jpg66210138af1513367d5f78ab4f86afd8.jpg7924a9acf36b837e0045989e6d6fe771.jpg5973380cc22c4327428ccf8d5a4c4578.jpg12a7c1a1a014e8b9ecfb7a37cd946e86.jpgspa credit but we didn't use it. My wife did have her hair cut in the salon for 70, and the people did a great job.

Room:

We were in 6366, a balcony room. Completely updated, beautiful room. Fridge, hair dryer, flat screen TV. The only problem we had was, well, we were changing clothes when the balcony divider swung open and a staff member went barging through on sea day. They were supposed to clean the balconies from 10am to 12pm but he thought it was okay to do at 1pm. I dunno if he saw us but easy to say I went and filed a complaint. Stick to your claims, Carnival!

Ports:

Key West rained the whole time we were there. We walked to Hemingway's House and did that tour which was great, then walked to Sloppy Joes and bought some touristy crap in that area.

DONT do the excursion for this. Our table mates did for double the cost and half the value. Do it yourself.

Cozumel:

We did the Paddle Board and Snorkeling excursion. It was a great time. Paddle Boarding is exhausting but Snorkeling is something I can do forever. Mario is an amazing guide and the entire staff from port to the beach area was outstanding.

I don't know what I am forgetting.

Tidbits:

1. Victory is dry docking in Jan of 2018 and getting the 2.0 upgrades.

2. Very easy to get around the ship, but we always got confused going to the Pacific Dining Room. You have to go down 2 levels from Deck 5 in the back.

3. Serenity area was great except on sea day when it was just too windy and the hot tubs were lukewarm.

If you have any questions about anything let me know. Thanks!

Some pics are below. Excuse the messy room. Just wanted to give y'all some pictures.

First cruise: Carnival Victory, 4/17/2017

Just off the Victory and agree with your comments. The up and down business to get to the dining room was annoying.

Just a note to add: people often comment that the walls are all metal and suggest using magnets to put things up. Not on our balcony cabin -- not the walls, not the cute decoration doors. I usually use magnets to hold up tickets, photos and the daily bulletin, but couldn't do that on this ship.

Thanks for the review!

My non agreement is Key West. The shuttle tour that takes you to the highlights is great and worth it. If you are saying get it on your own and not through Carnival, that I agree with!

Sailing in just a few days!