Cash System Deposit Question

ScrapbookJ

Anyone who has used the cash system, how much did you HAVE to put down. Carnival web site say they RECOMMEND $200.00 for a 5-7 day cruise. Has anyone been able to put down less? I don't mind putting the money down, it's getting it back in 7 days I don't like....

Anyone who has used the cash system, how much did you HAVE to put down. Carnival web site say they RECOMMEND $200.00 for a 5-7 day cruise. Has anyone been able to put down less? I don't mind putting the money down, it's getting it back in 7 days I don't like....

That is the recommendation. There is no requirement to put anything down. If you don't put anything, you would then not be able to use your S&S card and if you hadn't paid your gratuities in advance, they will be requesting your presence at Guest Services.

You can always put down whatever you think you will be spending and then add more at GS or kiosk as needed. If you put more on your card than you spend, you can simply cash it out on the last night - no waiting for a check after you return.

Were you able to do that? My TA says I have to put $200.00 down??

Yes , all I ever do is cash .Either before you board or on the ship at guest services. Some ports require you to place your deposit before you board ,some don't

Yes , all I ever do is cash .Either before you board or on the ship at guest services. Some ports require you to place your deposit before you board ,some don't

Thank you, I don't know why I can't get a straight answer from my TA or Carnival.

We have never been forced to put a certain amount down. We always pay with cash and we decide how much goes into our account. If we purchase the drink package it is not unusual for us to only put $100 in it, no matter the length of the cruise.

If you have prepaid your gratuities and you do not gamble or drink much then $200 would be fine. Carnival won't give you a straight answer because you booked through a TA - they own your reservation and that ownership means that Carnival cannot enter into conversations with you about your cruise, The TA has to intervene.