Drink package discount???

tgold

Test

What I don't understand about the drink package and free voom deal is the voom doesn't seem free in this deal.

If you buy the drink package by itself the total price is $379.96. If you buy the drink package plus free voom deal, the total is $433.68.

It appears same price just worded differently. I wonder how much of a discount really. And I wish they gave you choices. So right now I'm waiting. We only need one device with voom

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand all the trepidation and guessing. Buy it and if it goes down, cancel it and re- buy it, no? What am I missing?

Already did but mine. Figured it's a deal either way...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess I don't understand why this is sad. If someone wants to spend time on a device, why is that sad or not okay?

There have been lots of times where nothing in the compass looks appealing to me, and reading news of all different kinds is relaxing to me. The easiest way for me to do that is looking at a screen, cell phone, laptop etc.

Sometimes I like to do that at one of the bars, I usually buy the alcohol package.

My definition of vacation is someone cooking my food and cleaning up after me. Past that, it might or might not include technology for all kinds of various reasons and situations. I like that.

Sadly...this is the truth. Gone are the days when people would actually put their phones in their safe in the cabin after sail away. Even longer gone are the days when we didn't have cell phones on a cruise. I actually look forward to being completely disconnected on our cruises.

On our Harmony cruise in November, I did get the internet package and posted daily as a live review...mainly because of the newness of the ship. But I felt like I missed out on a lot of things.

This is no deal for those in SKY class suites. Full price for the drink package with "free" internet which you already get. Hopefully they end this "extended" sale so I don't have to pay more for something I already have.

I find keeping up with topics and subjects I follow and enjoy relaxes me. Sports, technology, entertainment, headline news, etc. I like being informed. Should I say it's sad when I find people sleeping the day away on a lounger? No way because that probably feels damn good to them, except the huge sun burn. I hate taking naps because of how I feel waking up. Feels like jet lag to me, but that's just me. I enjoy using my phone to keep myself updated on my favorite subjects. I'd rather be doing that on a lounger in the warmth.

So this is why the Voom package is perfect for me. On the other hand, cruisers that want to disconnect themselves from the internet, for their own reasons, not sure why RCI isn't offering a second package sans Voom during this promo.

This is no deal for those in SKY class suites. Full price for the drink package with "free" internet which you already get. Hopefully they end this "extended" sale so I don't have to pay more for something I already have.

Exactly what I was thinking. We'll be in a GS, so VOOM will be included. I guess the best deal is to pre-buy the drink packages now to get the 20% off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Exactly what I was thinking. We'll be in a GS, so VOOM will be included. I guess the best deal is to pre-buy the drink packages now to get the 20% off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The 20% off is not the current promotion. It's the "free" VOOM. I'm showing $54 per day. Hopefully the 20% comes back after this "deal"

Sadly...this is the truth. Gone are the days when people would actually put their phones in their safe in the cabin after sail away. Even longer gone are the days when we didn't have cell phones on a cruise. I actually look forward to being completely disconnected on our cruises.

On our Harmony cruise in November, I did get the internet package and posted daily as a live review...mainly because of the newness of the ship. But I felt like I missed out on a lot of things.

I am old school. We did not get an internet package and will stay unplugged with phones in the safe. Currently I am not sure how I will manage since I get on the internet constantly. I am not sure what my life was before Google. I vaguely remember before I had it on my phone and having to write a note to look something up. But I can't remember what it was like before internet. I guess we just did not know the answer?? It would drive me INSANE.

But we are always unplugged on cruises so I guess I will live.