Navigator vs. Allure

cj7763

I logged on to the Cruise Critic boards searching for help with this exact same question. We currently have a refundable deposit on the post-Thanksgiving 2018 Allure sailing but are thinking of switching over to the Navigator because we've been itching to experience a longer cruise. We've already sailed on the Allure twice and LOVED it both times. Our last two sailings have been on smaller ships (Empress and Jewel), so we were itching to get back on the Allure....but 9 days on the Navigator to three places we've never been is really, really tempting. The only thing is, I would miss the Allure's jazz club, Central Park, and the Aquatheater so much. And the cabins are new and nice. Still conflicted.

Neither ship is leaving the fleet anytime soon...but if NOW you can get in the 9 day cruise --- JUST DO IT. Our longest cruise was a 7 day cruise...then we had the ability due to the right schedule of taking an 8 day cruise....one day extra at same price was a NO BRAINER and we so enjoyed it and Indy (the ship). Now in Feb 2018 we have the opportunity due to the right schedule of a 9 day on Navigator, and we know we will love the extra day again. So...more days is always good.

Go for Navigator, this time around.

+20 for Navigator. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen such a clear consensus on these boards (except perhaps threads on “is 9 am too early to catch a flight if the ship docks at 7”). Yes, everybody who loves RCCL should experience an O Class ship, but wait for the deal. They happen and they are more likely to happen when there are 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, I'm definitely sensing a trend...

I love the O class, but 6 nights just isn't enough anymore...

Neither ship is leaving the fleet anytime soon...but if NOW you can get in the 9 day cruise --- JUST DO IT. Our longest cruise was a 7 day cruise...then we had the ability due to the right schedule of taking an 8 day cruise....one day extra at same price was a NO BRAINER and we so enjoyed it and Indy (the ship). Now in Feb 2018 we have the opportunity due to the right schedule of a 9 day on Navigator, and we know we will love the extra day again. So...more days is always good.

Go for Navigator, this time around.

Thank you! We're almost certain that we're going to switch to the Nav in November. Just too great a deal to pass up.