Navigator vs. Allure

cj7763

I'm trying to decided between two cruises nor November 2018. 9 night southern Caribbean out of Miami on Navigator of the Seas or the 6 night to the western Caribbean out of Miami as well on the Allure of the Seas. The Navigator has quite an appealing itinerary sailing to the ABC islands along with Labadee. Out of all the destinations, I've only been to Lavadee. Allure is sailing to Honduras, Cozumel and costa maya. Like the itinerary of the Navigator (and It's a great ship) however I want to try an Oasis Class ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It really is a great ship and I will admit that it really is a great itinerary and the particular sailing is at a great value.

Then it should be a great big 'yes' to Navigator and you should have a great time.

Just off NOTS and the ship and crew are great! I would definitely take a longer cruise on an older ship in a heartbeat!

6 days on Allure just does not seem long enough to get comfortable with the ship and figure out what/where you want to go!

• 7 months later...

I logged on to the Cruise Critic boards searching for help with this exact same question. We currently have a refundable deposit on the post-Thanksgiving 2018 Allure sailing but are thinking of switching over to the Navigator because we've been itching to experience a longer cruise. We've already sailed on the Allure twice and LOVED it both times. Our last two sailings have been on smaller ships (Empress and Jewel), so we were itching to get back on the Allure....but 9 days on the Navigator to three places we've never been is really, really tempting. The only thing is, I would miss the Allure's jazz club, Central Park, and the Aquatheater so much. And the cabins are new and nice. Still conflicted.

I logged on to the Cruise Critic boards searching for help with this exact same question. We currently have a refundable deposit on the post-Thanksgiving 2018 Allure sailing but are thinking of switching over to the Navigator because we've been itching to experience a longer cruise. We've already sailed on the Allure twice and LOVED it both times. Our last two sailings have been on smaller ships (Empress and Jewel), so we were itching to get back on the Allure....but 9 days on the Navigator to three places we've never been is really, really tempting. The only thing is, I would miss the Allure's jazz club, Central Park, and the Aquatheater so much. And the cabins are new and nice. Still conflicted.

Allure will be around for a while. I'd go with Navigator this time.

+20 for Navigator. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen such a clear consensus on these boards (except perhaps threads on “is 9 am too early to catch a flight if the ship docks at 7”). Yes, everybody who loves RCCL should experience an O Class ship, but wait for the deal. They happen and they are more likely to happen when there are 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just of the Allure and yes if it would be an equal 6 nights I would of said try the experience of a big big ship at least once.

On the other hand 9 nights on the Navigator gets my vote.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Forums

Navigator. Navigator, Navigator, Navigator. Did I say Navigator already?? ;p

If you're not hiding people's signatures, you can see from mine that I just returned from a Navigator B2B a few weeks ago. The ABC islands are awesome. Check out APDMOM's review of the 9-night or iahawkfan21's live review of the same B2B that I contributed to (the latter is linked from my signature).

And, I have an Allure B2B booked for 2018 ;)

I agree, having just disembarked Navigator on Dec 3, that for 9 nights she would be my choice over Allure for 6 nights.

However, if you're just looking at the Class experience and not the itinerary, why aren't you looking at 7 nights on Oasis out of Port Canaveral? She sails 2 Eastern and 2 Western itineraries Nov 2018.

7 nights is barely enough time to explore the Oasis Class, and 6 nights is really just a colossal tease.