OBC Certificates

royals64

A quick question about these. I am thinking of buying some OBC Certificates for our forthcoming cruise as the exchange rate for these is better than it would be if everything was just charged to a credit card. However, I was wondering how they worked on board. Are you given a certificate and have to do something with it ( e.g. take it to the customer services desk), or is the amount automatically added to your account?

Any advice would be appreciated. I know there was a thread on this topic some time ago which gave me the idea in the first place, but I haven't been able to find it so have to ask again.

IF you are talking about the Cruise next Certificated, you buy these at half price and have to redeem them on another cruise.

IF talking about having prepurchased gift cards then you would redeem then ahead of the cruise- in the case of the credit card points, or if a purchased card (haven't heard of NCL having discounted ones???) you would just add them to your ship account at the reception desk

OP is talking about buying OBC prior to the cruise - not Cruise Next Certificates.

If you buy the gift cards, they mail them to you so you have to hold on to them and then give them to customer service after boarding. If you buy the OBC through gifts & more, it should be on the room account automatically but keep track.

I spoke with norwegian last week and asked if the certificates I've been purchasing will go toward the $300 per person required on the onboard account and he said I would still have $600 hold on card or need $600 cash when checking in. Just wanted to share this.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Forums mobile app

I spoke with norwegian last week and asked if the certificates I've been purchasing will go toward the $300 per person required on the onboard account and he said I would still have $600 hold on card or need $600 cash when checking in. Just wanted to share this.

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Forums mobile app

They told me the same thing. However, I've read in other OBC threads that you can negotiate the cash deposits when you check in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They told me the same thing. However, I've read in other OBC threads that you can negotiate the cash deposits when you check in.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If everything is pre paid, you can leave whatever cash you want to. The terms and conditions do say $300pp but they don't follow them, but they can. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums