Waterfront Dining On Cool Weather Cruises

TriMomma

I will be cruising the Baltics in October on the Getaway. We may not have the balmiest weather. Do you think that the Waterfront area will be open? If not, does that drastically reduce the number of reservations available for Specialty Dining?

The Getaway looks like a lovely ship but she also looks like she is geared for her Miami port and warm weather. Worried that we will all be crammed indoors and it will be squishy. Kinda hope the slide is open for me at least to try!

I will be cruising the Baltics in October on the Getaway. We may not have the balmiest weather. Do you think that the Waterfront area will be open? If not, does that drastically reduce the number of reservations available for Specialty Dining? The Getaway looks like a lovely ship but she also looks like she is geared for her Miami port and warm weather. Worried that we will all be crammed indoors and it will be squishy. Kinda hope the slide is open for me at least to try!

If the weather is unfavorable, the outside dining won't open. They normally book for 100% inside dining since on any given day, no one can predict the weather. Even in the Caribbean, wind, rain, excessive heat/humidity will close outside dining. We have seen folks start outside, and quickly move inside after baking in the afternoon sun and humidity on Caribbean cruises.

If you can stand the cold, they will serve you outside,