Air Deviation ???

Ships R Great

I just talked to custom Air and this sounds to good to be true. Here's the deal: Travel agent says air for Transatlantic will be $820.62. Custom air tells me that if I choose to go a different flight than what they schedule, I just tell the travel agent and she calls them and sets it up. We are Elite CC members so we don't pay the fee. She says that even if the flight costs more than $820.62 we do not have to pay any more. Can this be? I am very confused and find this too good to be true. Thanks to any who can unconfuse me.

If you choose flights that are on airlines that Celebrity has contracts with then you don't have to pay anything additional. If they don't have contracts with the airline you choose, then you do have to pay additional.

Also, don't go by what price you could get the flights for. The cruiselines get deals on flights by booking in bulk.

If Celebrity does not have bulk seats on the flights you choose and the fare is higher, you pay the higher fare. If the fare is the same, you pay the regular fare.

What you don't pay is the deviation fee.

When I do custom air for my clients, I go through the flights with air/sea while on the phone. Then I tell them what I want. They then tell me how much. If I agree to the price, they then fax the air schedule to me.

Air Deviation Fee: The cost (@$75?) for custom air to arrange specific flights of your choice. Waived for Elite Members.

Air Differential Fee: The higher cost (maybe) of those flights you've chosen -- e.g., non-stop vs. a stop or two along the way.

Recently I booked a cruise on the Constellation for next July 1, 2006--Baltic/Russia--14 nights.

After surfing the internet, I determined my best air option was direct flights between Orlando, Fl. and Gatwick (London). Through my travel agent, I was booked on my choice, Virgin Atlantic. As a Captains Club Member (any degree), there was no charge for deviation and I was able to choose the seats I desired (looked at http://www.seatguru.com) for the flights.

A great benefit for those who have previously cruised with Celebrity.

Ellis

Last time I looked, the custom air fee was $50, and all captain's club members, not just elite members, may use it with no charge.

When we became Captain's Club Members, at the time you had to pay to join, all Captain's Club members were entitled to free custom air. Then they subsequently revised that benefit so that all existing members were still entitled to free custom air, as a "founder member", while new members had to have 5 cruises under their belt to get it.

Archived