Aft facing S2 suites cover/roof deck 12?

39august

I believe I read on another post that the aft S2's on deck 12 DO have significant cover over the balcony tho' there is minimal cover over aft S2's on other decks. Is this correct please? If so I am going to change from my currently booked S2 to one of these. Thanks for any guidance.

We were in an S1 on Deck 12 on the Reflection - we chose this suite because DH cannot "do" much sun. It was absolutely perfect, enough coverage that we could sit out when it rained (if we wished) but with some sun (definitely not full sun!). We have the same suite booked for this December and again March 2019. IMO the location and coverage on the balcony are just perfect!

As far as I could tell, the roof extended over the S2 next door as well. I cannot give you a 100% guarantee. Did you check the Celebrity spreadsheet to see if you cabin is listed? You could also check cruisedeckplans dot com. Or, let me know which cabin you are looking at and I will try to research it for you.:)

We are on the Reflection now in S1 2208. I love our deck cover and it is the same next door. Just remember that anywhere aft will have table and chair

scraping sounds early in the morning and in the evening, but not much after 9-10. Let me see if I can post a photo for you...okay, got it!9ee9d01c40795a7cf6377f09343f9d33.jpg

Also, the Reflection and one other S class ship have the same overhang , but the other S class ships' overhang is larger and extends over the balconies more than the Reflection and maybe the Solstice??? Our suite and the one next door share a common separate entrance are, so we never hear footsteps in the hallway, just noise from above...

Suzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Lastdance

Your photos are perfect! In February we were in 2217 and in December we will be in 2208 so I appreciate the pictures! AFT is our preferred location and the combination of sun and shade was just perfect for us.

We did hear some mild "noise" from above at certain times but in no way did it detract from our enjoyment of our balcony.

On deck 12 is the noise from above just on the balcony or in the cabin too. We are not early risers!

The noise from above is from the tables and chairs scraping on the floor. It is over all the cabins and their balconies that are aft. It really is only bothersome to those who are noise sensitive or those who have a very low tolerance for noise in the early morning until about 9:00 PM.

We had an issue of whistling from our huge porthole window. It was fixed as soon as we told our butler! Love this ship and its crew!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk