NCL Breakaway to Bermuda - Freestyle Dailies

NYCGAL529

I see by the dailies that Cirque Dreams was held at 7PM on the first night. Was there another show as well?

We sail on 5/14 and the only times available are either 5:45PM or 9:00PM. Our only other option is 5/20 the night before we get off the ship. The other nights during the sailing we either have reservations for the MDR or one of the speciality restaurants.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

I see by the dailies that Cirque Dreams was held at 7PM on the first night. Was there another show as well?

We sail on 5/14 and the only times available are either 5:45PM or 9:00PM. Our only other option is 5/20 the night before we get off the ship. The other nights during the sailing we either have reservations for the MDR or one of the speciality restaurants.

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

I am sailing on 5/28 on the breakaway and the showtimes for the cirque show the first night is also at 5:45pm and 9pm. I was wondering if I should pick the 5:45pm show since that will be barely 2 hours after we started sailing

Oceanfun 77. I have not done this cruise, however, I have read other reviews that say not to do a show at that time as you may miss the V Bridge and Stature of Liberty if you are planning the first night. Sorry, thought I would throw my 2 cents in .

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

As far as I know, that was the only show.

I am sailing on 5/28 on the breakaway and the showtimes for the cirque show the first night is also at 5:45pm and 9pm. I was wondering if I should pick the 5:45pm show since that will be barely 2 hours after we started sailing

We were supposed to leave at 4 pm, but were delayed almost an hour due to a sick passenger. We had dinner reservations at 6 pm. We did get to see the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge, but only had minutes to spare. If the ship leaves on time, it only takes about 30 minutes to get past the bridge.

Thank you so much for sharing. Our family of 15 will be sailing in a month, so it's great to see the schedule. Did you do the escape thing listed on the first day? Do you know if there is a charge for that? Also, is there a charge for mini golf?

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ship sails at 4 pm. You should really book the 9 pm show on the first night if you want to enjoy the sailaway. Then you'll have a little time to unpack and get organized then go to the show.

Remember, seating is first-come-first-serve. It is best to have a member of your party in line at least an hour before show time with your whole party in line 30 minutes before the show (when the doors open). The hostess will seat you on banquet tables, filling tables front to back. Havens guest are seated first through a side entrance. So even if you are the very first person in line, the best seats will already be taken.

Using this rule of thumb, someone from your party will miss most of Manhattan and the SOL whilst standing in line. at 4:30. You're less than 30 days to sailing, so make your decisions quickly.

BTW: NCL installed a new broadway version of the show on the Breakaway in mid-March. Please provide feedback on what you think of the new show.

Thanks so much for posting these! I've been looking for some recent dailies since we're doing this cruise in three weeks. I didn't see any mention of fireworks on any of the pages. Did they have any during your trip?

Looks great! do you think wine lovers was worth it? Any other recommendations on must see / could skip entertainment ?

Dh and I were disappointed in Wine Lovers. The entertainment otherwise was fantastic - we also saw Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, Carla Stickler, Howl at the Moon, and Second City. We thought Wine Lovers was cheesy, didn't have good flow, the wine wasn't that good and the food was mediocre compared with the food on the rest of the ship.

THANK YOU for posting the dailies & your tips about Cirque!! It will help me plan! Taking 5&6 year old children, so I'm glad to see early times. Looking forward to your review. Sounds like you had a great time!

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Maraprince - We did the 5:45 show on the first night on the Breakaway last year with no problem. We had an aft balcony, watched the complete sailaway, unpacked and still made the early show. We did not have to stand in line to get good seats either. Maybe we were just lucky or maybe not that many people had reserved that show for the first night. It was a great show. Good Luck!

Do you think there is a big difference between the "regular" and "premium" seats at Cirque?

I have read here on the message boards that there is "premium" seating that is just $5 more than the regular seating. But I do not see this premium priced seating on the dailies above or in my online booking for my future cruise. The dailies above indicate regular seating for $39.99 and VIP seating for $59.99 with no pricing in between. I have the SDP and my online reservations only indicate $11.80 which is regular seating. I'm 87 days out from my cruise. Any recent BA passengers know if this "premium" seating exists? TIA

We were supposed to leave at 4 pm, but were delayed almost an hour due to a sick passenger. We had dinner reservations at 6 pm. We did get to see the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge, but only had minutes to spare. If the ship leaves on time, it only takes about 30 minutes to get past the bridge.

Geez a sick passenger and the boat hasn't even left port yet...:(

Dh and I were disappointed in Wine Lovers. The entertainment otherwise was fantastic - we also saw Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor, Carla Stickler, Howl at the Moon, and Second City. We thought Wine Lovers was cheesy, didn't have good flow, the wine wasn't that good and the food was mediocre compared with the food on the rest of the ship.

Wait, Carla Stickler is performing? On every breakaway cruise? When did she perform? Is it a paid event or free? I didn't see it available for reservations on ncl.com. I will be on breakaway on 5/28.

Maraprince - We did the 5:45 show on the first night on the Breakaway last year with no problem. We had an aft balcony, watched the complete sailaway, unpacked and still made the early show. We did not have to stand in line to get good seats either. Maybe we were just lucky or maybe not that many people had reserved that show for the first night. It was a great show. Good Luck!

5:45 PM is a little too early the first night. There are so many things we need to do, besides getting settled into the cabin, that conflict with this time. 9PM is a little too late to eat dinner. We would definitely have to eat before then! Again there is the conflict with having to go to the Cruise Next office at 9PM to get our perks. I wish we had the 7PM option!!!!! Or, at least a show on our second sea day instead of the last night on board. We have other show and dinner reservations except for the first night and the last two nights thinking that we could schedule those during the sailing or just go to one of the MDRs. Guess we will not be seeing Cirque on this sailing.:(

MARAPRINCE

Wait, Carla Stickler is performing? On every breakaway cruise? When did she perform? Is it a paid event or free? I didn't see it available for reservations on ncl.com. I will be on breakaway on 5/28.

I didn't know she was performing until Night 6 when we got the Day 7 Dailies in our cabin. She performed on the last night. There were two shows - at 7pm and 9pm. Free and no reservations required! She also hung out in the lobby of the theatre after the show to meet people. She was fantastic and I hope you get to see her! I don't know how long she will be on the BA and I didn't see information on her website.

Carla Stickler is free and has two shows on either Friday or Saturday evening - check the Dailies. They do not take reservations, it is first come, first serve. There were plenty of seats available.

She was the best show of the cruise!

• 1 month later...