Refund on the Cruise

We have booked and paid (100%) of our February 2018 cruise. The final payment would be due in December, but we already paid. We did. It purchase the insurance ($290). What IF I get pregnant by December, can I still cancel and just lose $500 OR will we lose the entire payment since we already paid in full and did not get the insurance ? Right now if I go online and click cancel, it shows me I would lose $500 and I believe Carnival would refund the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

it depends on many factors

what program did you purchase under? Early saver? past guest, etc?

What stipulations are in the insurance agreement?

When in December would you cancel? the closer to the sail date the more you lose typically

if you will be under 24 weeks by the sail date you still would be allowed to sail

We have booked and paid (100%) of our February 2018 cruise. The final payment would be due in December, but we already paid. We did. It purchase the insurance ($290). What IF I get pregnant by December, can I still cancel and just lose $500 OR will we lose the entire payment since we already paid in full and did not get the insurance ? Right now if I go online and click cancel, it shows me I would lose $500 and I believe Carnival would refund the rest.

You need to read the entire insurance contract. I've read many while researching and on some pregnancy is not covered.

It depends....but I would think being pregnant doesn't qualify you to have a "medical condition" that your unable to go unless your in the last trimester then I would assume it MAY be covered with a doctors note, plus the fact the cruise line has its own rules on pregnancy. I believe Carnival allows you to cruise up until 6 months pregnant but check with them, I could be wrong.

I have canceled my cruise for May 13 out of NOLA due to a medical condition because my physicians told me that I was unable to sit in a plane for longer than an hour at a time, and the flight would of been over 2 1/2 hours, I completed all the paper work the insurance company provided me by a link they sent and I had NO problems, no phone calls but two weeks after filing I received an email that the check will be going out in the mail.. (the refund part that Carnival did not give us back) and sure enough I received the check, they were excellent, but I did have a number of medical conditions that the doctor wrote about.

I tried to go on a ship out of south Florida since the flight time would been in my hours limit only Carnival refused to transfer my booking to another ship even though I was willing to pay penalty fees to doing so, therefore, we gave our business to Royal Caribbean and in 10 days going on the new Harmony of the Seas, so I am unsure whether they take your current booking and allow you to change to another.

We cancelled a March cruise 5 days before the final payment date. Had already paid in full. Got everything refunded within 3-4 days except our deposit. We booked on a reduced deposit deal($99 pp) and of that we got $50 credit toward future cruise.

If you booked Early Saver, $500 seems high to lose.

If you were to cancel you should have to pay a $50 per person fee ( $100 assuming two of you, of course there could be 10 of you in multiple cabins)... and the rest of the deposit should be moved into an account that they will apply to any future booking. That is if it is done before Final Payment is actually due. After it gets much more expensive...

We cancelled a March cruise 5 days before the final payment date. Had already paid in full. Got everything refunded within 3-4 days except our deposit. We booked on a reduced deposit deal($99 pp) and of that we got $50 credit toward future cruise.

That sounds what I think will happen if I get pregnant before December... we have been trying for a long time, so I don't think it will happen, but I'm sure it will happen if we don't get to cancel lol

If you booked Early Saver, $500 seems high to lose.

If you were to cancel you should have to pay a $50 per person fee ( $100 assuming two of you, of course there could be 10 of you in multiple cabins)... and the rest of the deposit should be moved into an account that they will apply to any future booking. That is if it is done before Final Payment is actually due. After it gets much more expensive...

This sounds pretty good too! There is 4 of us. So we would need to pay $200 for them to move the reservation. Thanks again!

This sounds pretty good too! There is 4 of us. So we would need to pay $200 for them to move the reservation. Thanks again!

if it says that you will already lose $500 , there is something else that is a factor here.

That sounds what I think will happen if I get pregnant before December... we have been trying for a long time, so I don't think it will happen, but I'm sure it will happen if we don't get to cancel lol

Then consider it a blessing and worth the cost to end up pregnant :-)

Then consider it a blessing and worth the cost to end up pregnant :-)

Absolutely! I would throw away the entire cruise for getting pregnant! But I would not mind getting some back for diapers :) lol

if it says that you will already lose $500 , there is something else that is a factor here.

There's no other factor... The website. if the cancellation button is clicked, will say $500 penalty. It is correct. It doesn't say "You Will Lose $500"

Based on the OP's 4 passengers, the breakdown, once the cancellation is confirmed and executed, is $50 per person Early Saver cancellation fee ($200) and a Future Cruise Credit ($300) that can be applied for any other cruise for up to 2 years. The combination of these 2 equals the $500 penalty.