Earthquakes

ckb104

Just normal Alaska earthquakes. One was a 6.2 north of Haines and one was a 6,3 north of Skagway. There was also a 5.2 north of Skagway and numerous other smaller quakes. Won't affect anything....

I had already seen that there were no injuries or serious damage. I certainly am not that callous to only care about how it would affect me. I was simply asking if anyone had heard anything since what I found on google wasn't much.

I had already seen that there were no injuries or serious damage. I certainly am not that callous to only care about how it would affect me. I was simply asking if anyone had heard anything since what I found on google wasn't much.

Wow, sorry you took my post completely the wrong way. It wasn't a slight or attack in any way, it just a comment hoping nobody was injured as that was my first thought and given that aftershocks were/are still happening, I hope it continues to be that there are no injuries or serious damage.

Not too worried about the earthquakes.... however, first ships north have the possibility of running into a major storm hitting SE Alaska with winds to 45 knots and up to 18 ft seas... This forecast is for Dixon Entrance, which would affect ships crossing Queen Charlotte Strait and heading up to Ketchikan or Sitka. Once in the inside passage expect seas to 8 ft.

Forecast

Dixon Entrance to Cape Decision- 336 am akdt Mon may 1 2017 ...Small Craft Advisory due to seas this afternoon through Tuesday...

.Today...S wind 15 kt. Seas building to 8 ft. W swell in the afternoon. .Tonight...S wind 20 kt becoming se late. Seas 9 ft. W swell. .Tue...Se wind 25 kt increasing to gale to 45 kt in the afternoon. Seas 11 ft building to 16 ft in the afternoon. Rain. .Tue night...Se gale to 40 kt becoming S 30 kt. Seas 18 ft. .Wed...S wind 25 kt. Seas 17 ft. .Thu...S wind 15 kt becoming NW. Seas 13 ft subsiding to 9 ft. .Fri...NW wind 20 kt. Seas 8 ft.

Not too worried about the earthquakes.... however, first ships north have the possibility of running into a major storm hitting SE Alaska with winds to 45 knots and up to 18 ft seas... This forecast is for Dixon Entrance, which would affect ships crossing Queen Charlotte Strait and heading up to Ketchikan or Sitka. Once in the inside passage expect seas to 8 ft.

Forecast

Dixon Entrance to Cape Decision- 336 am akdt Mon may 1 2017 ...Small Craft Advisory due to seas this afternoon through Tuesday...

.Today...S wind 15 kt. Seas building to 8 ft. W swell in the afternoon. .Tonight...S wind 20 kt becoming se late. Seas 9 ft. W swell. .Tue...Se wind 25 kt increasing to gale to 45 kt in the afternoon. Seas 11 ft building to 16 ft in the afternoon. Rain. .Tue night...Se gale to 40 kt becoming S 30 kt. Seas 18 ft. .Wed...S wind 25 kt. Seas 17 ft. .Thu...S wind 15 kt becoming NW. Seas 13 ft subsiding to 9 ft. .Fri...NW wind 20 kt. Seas 8 ft.

Wow! I hadn't heard about that. Fun! :D

Wow, sorry you took my post completely the wrong way. It wasn't a slight or attack in any way, it just a comment hoping nobody was injured as that was my first thought and given that aftershocks were/are still happening, I hope it continues to be that there are no injuries or serious damage.

I did take it completely the wrong way. Sorry about that. :)