Return flight home out of Seattle

darin2

We will be on the Carnival Legend in September. Our itinerary says we will get back to Seattle at 0700. I am thinking of booking a flight home at 1050am that morning. Does anyone have experience on whether this is workable? Will Carnival let us disembark earlier if we have an early flight? I assume if we leave the port by 0830am or so, we should be okay.

With little to no traffic you're looking at a 40 minute trip. Looks to me you arrive on a Tuesday, so you'll be dealing with increased traffic due to the morning rush. I'd probably plan a good 60 minutes to get out of the terminal, down the road, through traffic, and to the airport. It might even take a bit longer than that though.

A 10:50 am flight is cutting it very close. Is it doable? Possibly, but everything needs to go perfectly. If it was me, I wouldn't chance it. Too many things could go wrong.

Just my 2¢.

Thanks Kevin. I checked and found I will save about $500 staying an extra night and flying out the day after. So I think that's my best option.

Thanks Kevin. I checked and found I will save about $500 staying an extra night and flying out the day after. So I think that's my best option.

Same thing happened to us a few years ago. Flight prices are very high over the weekends when cruise passengers are returning home. We saved $700 by staying in Seattle for two extra days. Even with the cost of hotels, meals, and rental car, there was still a savings and a chance to see Seattle.

I checked and found I will save about $500 staying an extra night and flying out the day after.
The airlines know the cruise schedules and set fares accordingly. Locals know this too and schedule flights for light or no cruise ship days. Wednesdays and especially Thursdays often have no ships at all. Why pay the airlines more when you can stay and enjoy Seattle and be ahead too? :cool:

Seattle 2017 Cruise Ship Schedule

Edited by Sequim88