please confirm re bringing bottle of wine

buzz2400

Review the policy for wine as a carry-on before you trust this post. The limit of wine is a 750ml bottle per person over 21 regardless of how many passengers per stateroom. There is no option for additional on Carnival.

The posts describing opening your wine in the stateroom and bringing your own glass are correct. Simply stop at the lobby bar and ask for wine glasses. Take them to dinner with you or anywhere else on the ship a glass is appropriate. The exception would be around the pool.

The corkage fee has nothing to do with whether or not the bottle has an actual cork, it's a service charge. Enforcement of the policy is widely variable.

You don't even have to go to the trouble of asking for a wine glass somewhere. My wife just used the water glass that was in our cabin. No one batted an eye.

Thank you for all your responses. For some reason I thought all the cruise lines were the same with respect to opening wine in the statement. My co-worker did go on the NCL. Thanks again.

Even NCL is hit and miss. They usually have a table at the embarkation port just after security and security will tell you to go to the table and pay your $15 per bottle corkage fee to the person sitting there. In the two times I took wine on board an NCL cruise, no one was sitting at the table and I wasn't waiting around for them to show up so I didn't pay the fee.

The rule now is only 2 bottles. Other lines follow the policy you mention and Carnival used to but not now.

Husband and I always bring two each. Two in his carry on and two in mine. So far we haven't had any confiscated. I think when they see two in the bag they just pass it through. ;)

Husband and I always bring two each. Two in his carry on and two in mine. So far we haven't had any confiscated. I think when they see two in the bag they just pass it through. ;)

Just to let you know so you don't throw a hissy fit in public at the port but they can definitely confiscate two of those bottles if they want. The rule is 1 per person age 21 and older.