universal studios tour still available??

steven3367

doing the califormia classic on the grand in oct want to go to universal studios when in los angeles but they dont offer the tour is there local tours available from the port got from 7am to 11pm so should be plenty time

Check the Universal web site for tours and times. You can always get Uber to take you there. I think the cheapest way would be to rent a car. Probably about an hour drive. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone from the area will correct me.

There should be threads on CC with this same sort of question.

Do it independently. That is what I did. Book the VIP behind the scenes tour. It should fit in a single day. I did it after I disembarked a cruise and took the train/subway in and they told me I was very brave to do that when I arrived at Universal. It is a great experience.

I am sure with a departure time of 11pm you will have enough time to do it.

I completely agree about booking the VIP tour. You should be able to make it there on time, and the VIP tour will maximize the amount you are able to do in one day plus add in things normal guests do not get to do.

I would uber or taxi from the port.

Something to keep in mind with going in October is they will have the Halloween Horror Nights. If you are there on one of those days, the park closes early. I think the park closed at 5:00pm the day we visited last year. If you want to go to the Horror Nights, you buy an extra ticket for that and they do sell out very quickly.

I agree that taking an uber/lyft is probably the best way to get there and at that time in the morning, you are looking at about an hour, maybe a little longer. The VIP tours are normally scheduled in the mornings. I would recommend booking the latest one if you are going to take one just to make sure you have plenty of time to get off the ship, get transport and get there. The downside of the VIP tours is you'll be grouped with other people and the guide will often decide where you go based on majority vote. For example, if you don't like motion simulator rides, but the majority of the tour does, you'll spend a lot of the VIP time going to motion simulator rides.

If you are interested in Harry Potter only, you could probably skip the VIP tour but remember you do need a dual park pass to ride the Hogwarts express. Typically lines for HP rides are about 60 mins each, they do NOT accept express passes at most of them, the VIP tours do skip the lines (you usually ride Gringotts, the Hogwarts express and the Quidditch ride whose name escapes me on the VIP tour)

cheers its harry potter i want to see never thought about halloween that might be why not available on ship

When we went last year, we went for Harry Potter specifically, too. When it gets closer to your date, check online for the park hours. The park closed early for the Halloween Horror Nights, but the Harry Potter area closed even earlier. We were pretty disappointed on our way out of the park, thinking we could get another butter beer since we had plenty of time, but they wouldn't even allow us to enter the area. We were there on a Saturday and the wait times were about an hour for the main ride and for the magic wand shop. If you are there on a weekday, the wait times won't be as long. And, they don't have Halloween Horror Nights every night. So, you may just luck out and not have that when you visit.