Port Canaveral Port of Call

MTB25

Hi all,

So my fiance and I are cruising for our honeymoon on the Norwegian Breakaway October 15th. It docks from 1PM - 9PM. I was wondering if anyone thought Epcot would be a good idea? We don't really want to do the rides, we want to do the food and wine festival thats happening while we are there. Has anyone done it? Is there enough time to enjoy it?

Also, I could have sworn they sold a package with transportation and a ticket to Epcot, but now I'm just seeing the transfer without a ticket. Do they offer that? I thought it wound up being $10 cheaper each.

Thanks so much!!

I wouldn't do it. The drive from the port to WDW is an hour or so. That seriously cuts into your time. The Food & Wine Festival is always busy and the World Showcase is opposite where you'll be dropped off. The price of an Epcot ticket is $99. I wouldn't fool with it for maybe 6 hours if you're lucky at Epcot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having done this in 2016, I will say this - most of the interesting happenings during the festival happened in the afternoon and early evening anyways. And it was a lot of fun.

So despite the shortened hours of the port visit, I will never dismiss the EPCOT experience assuming:

a) You are willing to plan your day ahead of time so you can optimize your visit

b) You understand that this will be a very hot and rushed day starting with a 75 minute ride to EPCOT. You will probably only have 4 hours at the festival

c) And most importantly, are OK with the $100+ per person spent for the experience BEFORE the food and drink (we paid $4 -$8 per tasting and drinks were $3-$6 or so). Only YOU know if your budget can handle $25+ per hour per person.

In my opinion however, given all the food and drinks available on a cruise, I would skip food festivals during a cruise stop!!

Edited by SteerageJoe

another question re "Port Canaveral as a Port of Call" - thanks

We'll be stopping at Port Canaveral as part of a Bahamas cruise. I want to be able to walk off the ship and keep walking until I find a beach. My philosophy is "everything is within walking distance if you have the time" and we'll be docked for the day, so there is time. Is this area walkable? Or is everything either fenced off or highways with neither walking lanes nor sidewalks?

another question re "Port Canaveral as a Port of Call" - thanks

We'll be stopping at Port Canaveral as part of a Bahamas cruise. I want to be able to walk off the ship and keep walking until I find a beach. My philosophy is "everything is within walking distance if you have the time" and we'll be docked for the day, so there is time. Is this area walkable? Or is everything either fenced off or highways with neither walking lanes nor sidewalks?

Unfortunately you can only walk from terminal 1 or 3. Any other terminal is a no-no because there are no sidewalks (including a drawbridge) and you will walk along a very busy road with fences for a long way.

Here is a map so you can see the walk to the beach marked in green.

And here is a Guide to Shore Trips for Cruisers from Port Canaveral

We will also be on a cruise with Port Canaveral as our first stop. Most of the threads I can find discuss PC as a departure port not a stop. What can we do there?

We have already done airboat rides (twice) been to Kennedy Space Center. We really are not interested in taking 1 1/4 hr each way trip to Disney. There has to be something to do that I am missing? Thanks!

We will also be on a cruise with Port Canaveral as our first stop. Most of the threads I can find discuss PC as a departure port not a stop. What can we do there?

We have already done airboat rides (twice) been to Kennedy Space Center. We really are not interested in taking 1 1/4 hr each way trip to Disney. There has to be something to do that I am missing? Thanks!

Depending on the time of year...there are jet ski tours of the mangroves with manatee encounters. Hubby and I do it once to twice a year. Last two were with a company on E Merritt Island Causeway. There is another good company in south Cocoa Beach....both usually run groupons or living social specials. It's not an all day thing...but fun outing on the water.

Yes, time of year is important for manatee sightings. May to November is best but we see them year-round in channels where the water stay warmer.

I do not know if you've seen the Guide to Shore Trips for Port Canaveral Cruisers? It has a comprehensive list of things to do with maps, etc.

I would LOVE to do the Manatee sightings... I will definitely check that out. Thanks!

There are also several pontoon boat style tour groups that do the tours also. The only one I have used personally is on Ramp Rd in Cocoa Beach. I booked it for our cousin and she loved it...fully covered boat if you are sun sensitive.

There are also several pontoon boat style tour groups that do the tours also. The only one I have used personally is on Ramp Rd in Cocoa Beach. I booked it for our cousin and she loved it...fully covered boat if you are sun sensitive.

What is the best way to get to Cocoa Beach from the ship?

Unfortunately you can only walk from terminal 1 or 3. Any other terminal is a no-no because there are no sidewalks (including a drawbridge) and you will walk along a very busy road with fences for a long way.

look here: https://www.portcanaveral.com/PortCanaveral/media/Cruise-Assets/FY2017/Master-Cruise-Schedule.pdf

and you can see if your pier has been assigned .... (altho recently T-10 <NCL primary> seems to be under construction again and not being used .... so things may change)

if you find the offered maps a lil busy, try this one

PC%20map_zpseikhjphp.jpg

We will be doing a B2b on the Oasis next April and haven't even thought about what to do between cruises. Whatever we do will need to keep it around Cocoa Beach from what I have been reading. Our daughter and SIL and a friend possibly will do DW but Post cruise. My husband & I plan to fly home or stay 1 night and miss the rush on disembarking day.