Questions about the Glory

I'm close to booking the Glory. Looking at an aft cabin on deck eight. We like set dinning and wondering if the dinning room used for it is by chance the one on the back of the ship? Also where is the comedy club located? Is this location good? Does WiFi work in those cabins? My grandson loves ping pong and keeps asking if they have it. I've heard both ways. I'm hoping someone from a recent cruise can confirm this.

You are asking a few months too early. After our cruise in November I would probably know all of those answers since we're in an aft premium balcony cabin on deck 8 (unless the upgrade fairy is good to me and we score a suite upgrade).

I'm close to booking the Glory. Looking at an aft cabin on deck eight. We like set dinning and wondering if the dinning room used for it is by chance the one on the back of the ship? Also where is the comedy club located? Is this location good? Does WiFi work in those cabins? My grandson loves ping pong and keeps asking if they have it. I've heard both ways. I'm hoping someone from a recent cruise can confirm this.

Was on the Glory and the traditional dining I believe was in the 'middle' dining room and not the aft one. However open seating breakfast/lunch/seaday brunch is held in the aft dining room.

The comedy club is located in the lounge at the back of deck 5.

As for your aft cabin just note you are under the Lido pool and may hear noises/chairs being moved around above you.....

Every time I sailed the Glory I had an aft or mid ship cabin with late aft dining.- probably split pretty evenly between the 3rd and 4th deck. You should not be bothered by any noise from the piano bar or the comedy club (both aft deck 5) if you are on deck 8. If you had a deck 6 aft cabin you might hear something.

Ping pong tables were generally on deck 10 or 11 forward, towards the spa/slide area.

Enjoy your cruise!

I have always had early dining in the Platinum (aft) MDR.

The thing about deck 8 is you have to be careful of what is above you. Stay away from midship and aft which is below the buffet (think carts rolling on tile floors at all hours and the galley for up there), and the deck chairs being moved late at night for deck cleaning being replaced early in the AM.

Only way you would ever catch me on 8 is in a forward cabin with cabins both above and below.

We were on deck 6, aft balcony. If you are not out late, you might hear some slight noise from the comedy club but other than that, it was a good location - easy to get everywhere. Always used the stairs. And, as I answered in the ping pong post, there is definitely at least one ping pong table, windy when moving. I looked through the Fun Times and I do not see a ping pong tournament, just basketball. I could have missed it though. We did try wifi some and it worked fairly well, slow.

Only sailing on the Glory for the first time next weekend, however we usually stay a deck below the aft pool. I don't know if we just happened to be sleeping pretty heavily on previous cruises or simply lucky, but we have barely heard a peep from upstairs, if anything at all.