Internet Time

Amaroo Andrew

This question may have been asked before but here goes. We're booked on Royal Princess for a 28 day Med cruise from Barcelona that is also being sectored into four 7 day cruises. My friend has bought an internet package and my question is:- Does the internet time reset at the end of each 7 days and any unused time is lost or will her time span run the full 28 days? I remember my son being on the same ship last year for 21 days and as he is Platinum he thought he was going to get 500 minutes gratis, but with the 3x7 sectoring he lost 50 minutes.

If it was booked as a b2b2b then the 7 day min. would apply X3. If it was booked as a single 21 day cruise the 500 min. should apply.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was his problem, he booked a 21 day cruise but they kept resetting the time after 7 days.

Did he talk to the internet guy? When there's a problem, they'll fix it. He should have gotten the full 500 minutes.

I would expect it to be fixed if he had done this. They are pretty accommodating when there is an issue with Internet minutes.

Platinum / elite internet minutes are done by cruise segment length, not booking length.

So his 3 x 150 minutes as opposed to 1 x 500 minutes was correct.

Unused minutes will rollover into the next segment; but they must then be used or lost.

There are 3 elite items which are allocated by segment:

Internet;

Mini bar;

Wine tasting invite.

Your primary question however is about purchasing minutes which is different.

I don't know the answer as I've never done this; but I would expect the minutes to be able to be used at any time in that 28 days.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

This question may have been asked before but here goes. We're booked on Royal Princess for a 28 day Med cruise from Barcelona that is also being sectored into four 7 day cruises. My friend has bought an internet package and my question is:- Does the internet time reset at the end of each 7 days and any unused time is lost or will her time span run the full 28 days? I remember my son being on the same ship last year for 21 days and as he is Platinum he thought he was going to get 500 minutes gratis, but with the 3x7 sectoring he lost 50 minutes.

Internet time on B2B2B cruises will carry over automatically BUT they only carry over to the very next trip. You cannot continually roll over minutes from one cruise to subsequent trips. Another thing is that minutes from one cruise must be initiated by the Princess logon process before they can be carried over. If you have not logged on for the first time & 500 minutes remain on that trip they will be lost. If 499 minutes remain they will carry over. The minutes used each time you logon are subtracted from the carried over minutes first. You won't even see the minutes from the current voyage until you use up the carried over minutes first.

We had a different Internet issue. We were on a 17 day cruise and were supposed to get 250 minutes each. When we logged on we only showed 150 minutes each which would be for a cruise of 7 days or fewer. I spoke with the Internet manager and he said there had been a glitch but not to worry and when the 150 minutes ran out they would add more minutes on. As it turned out they added an additional 150 minutes to each of our accounts so we ended up with 300 minutes each rather than the 250 we were initially supposed to have. Very nice and the guy was very friendly and easy to deal with.