Carnival gift cards - AARP vs Allstate?

I don't see a way to change how many points I want to use. I just joined AARP and I already have 10,125 points. I know joining AARP is not required but it is a good deal for $12/year.

If you are purchasing more than one $100 card, you will use 1,000 points for each card purchased. As you update the number you wish to purchase you will see the required points listed along with the cash outlay required. The same for the $500 card. Each $500 card will require 5,000 points.

Michael

I don't see a way to change how many points I want to use. I just joined AARP and I already have 10,125 points. I know joining AARP is not required but it is a good deal for $12/year.
You cannot get more than 10% off of the gift cards; therefore, you cannot apply more points to each purchase. For each card you put in your shopping cart, it automatically charges the required 1,000 points each.

Do you have to have allstate?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

No, you do not have to hold an Allstate policy, but it's a little more difficult for non-Allstate customers to join their rewards program than it is for AARP. For non-customers, you have to register a rewards account through their Drivewise smartphone app. Once you create the account, you can enter promo codes and purchase the gift cards through the app. The app, if you choose to use it, can also track your driving. You can earn points by not going over 80mph or braking hard.

The only link I've found online that works for non-customers is https://myaccountrwd.allstate.com/anon/account/login?campaign=145 Here, you can login, check your points, view several tutorial videos to earn more points, enter promo codes that come via email, and purchase the gift cards.

• 11 months later...

Really weird. I checked Allstate Rewards last night on my phone while at a Music in the Park concert. It showed that they had the $500 GCs which have been unavailable for awhile. When I got home, I got on my PC and it only showed $100 cards. So I went through my phone and bought 2 of the $500. GC.

Wish they had the e-cards again because someone will have to be home to sign for the GCs when UPS delivers. Fortunately, I am signed up with UPS so always get an email telling me when packages will be delivered.

Really weird. I checked Allstate Rewards last night on my phone while at a Music in the Park concert. It showed that they had the $500 GCs which have been unavailable for awhile. When I got home, I got on my PC and it only showed $100 cards. So I went through my phone and bought 2 of the $500. GC.

Wish they had the e-cards again because someone will have to be home to sign for the GCs when UPS delivers. Fortunately, I am signed up with UPS so always get an email telling me when packages will be delivered.

There was some discussion in the AARP thread a while back about the possibility that location has something to do with which cards appear. There might be something to that. Do you have location tracking turned ON on your phone? If so, it could've used your location to show a different set of cards than from your home computer, which might register a different location based on the IP address.

Allstate hasn't had eCards in forever. Or if they have, only for a very short time and I sure haven't seen them. But no one on the boards has mentioned them, so I don't think so.

• 1 month later...

Do the Allstate cards have a 16 digit number and exp. date like a Credit Card? I went to my online travel agent and that is required for payment. Also, wants me to select a billing address. I have a message in to my representative for clarification. I was just curious if anyone else had run into this issue.

Do the Allstate cards have a 16 digit number and exp. date like a Credit Card? I went to my online travel agent and that is required for payment. Also, wants me to select a billing address. I have a message in to my representative for clarification. I was just curious if anyone else had run into this issue.

All of the cards are 16 digits. Also, there's a 4-digit pin on the back panel of the card covered that you need to scratch off and also give to whoever you're paying. You don't need an expiration date or an address. I use a TA and always have to call the gift card information in.

In general, to use a Carnival gift card to pay for a cruise when you use a TA, you have to call it in. What happens is that the TA will take the gift card number, and then the TA will have to call Carnival to phone in the gift card to apply it to your account (or maybe they can do it online from their end).

I don't think any TA has their web payment sites set up to take cruise specific gift cards (Carnival, Disney, etc).

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if Allstate still lets you get gift cards instantly through email? I am looking online and it only shows my mail.

If they have ecards available they do. I haven't bought from allstate in about a year because they haven't had ecards available when I've needed them. For now I'm using AARP cards but continuing to build allstate points.