Ramada Inn Airport/Cruise port Ft Lauderdale

WeeFee

Looking for personal experiences.... looking for a hotel for the night before our wedding cruise is March 2018. Is this a good place to stay? If not, what is your preference?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking for personal experiences.... looking for a hotel for the night before our wedding cruise is March 2018. Is this a good place to stay? If not, what is your preference?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We stay at the Sheraton Airport - free transp from AP to hotel & very reasonable to cruise ship. caveat: I am platinum Starwood so always choose these properties - the points & perks really add up if you are 'loyal'. I never choose Ramada, would choose al,out any brand over Ramada.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you really want to spend that particular night at an ultra-budget hotel in an industrial park neighborhood? Consider why it is so much less expensive while you read some of the horrid online reviews of that property. And find it in your budget to stay at a major chain in the port area.

ETA: didn't mean to sound so harsh; it must be a herculean task planning a destination wedding at the most expensive time of the year. Do you have a budget in mind for your pre-cruise hotel; that will help you get specific suggestions.

Edited by fishywood

I recommend using valuetrips.com when the site opens up for 2018 reservations which should be in June and you will get the Hyatt Place Convention on 17th Street. They have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel for $2/room, a shuttle service from the hotel to the pier the next day for $7/person, a free breakfast and within walking distance to many restaurants and stores for last minute cruise items.

I stayed here this past March for our pre cruise stay and paid $219 plus tax, significantly lower than the price listed on their web site. We loved this hotel and the location was perfect for us.

Hope this helps.

PS, I would not stay at the Ramada Airport.........

I have actually stayed at this Ramada with no complaints because I got great value for a simple overnight. It is what it is.

Most of my fellow guests were clearly cruisers and I heard no complaints around the tiki bar or in the lobby. Folks were enjoying the free shuttles and relatively close proximity to the port.

Yes, there are highway traffic noise. Just ask for a room between the pool and the marina restaurant (north side of the property).

No, you cannot stroll around and pick restaurants or shops because there is nothing around except highway and boatworks - but Uber is cheap from there.

Yes, the pool is actually very nice and the round Tika bar is fun and was packed. The garden is pretty.

Yes, it is a motel and you get those outside doors and windows where people can look in but it is cheap!

Yes, the rooms are basic but mine was clean and comfortable.

No. I never felt unsafe or afraid of the surroundings. Across the street the new Tryp hotel is almost complete and the area will attract many new clientele who are familiar with this brand.

YES - THERE IS A VERY GOOD RESTAURANT/BAR just a block to the north. An easy safe walk to Rendezvous with great views of the water and rather expensive yachts.

Now.

Will I pick this Ramada over many other hotels if rates were similar? Will I plan to stay here for a week on vacation? No. I would try and stay near 17th street or Lauderdale Beach or others simply because there is more to do and one can actually see the cruise ships.

But when you run into crazy prices then this Ramada is fine for a night before the cruise

Ramada1.jpg

Ramada2.jpg

Ramada3.jpg

Rendezvouz2-1024x430.jpg