Another Newbie Question: Gym/Spa Showers?

gigito2

Could use some help clarifying the specifics about using the gym &/or spa for getting ready...

We'll be 3 women in a JS on the Veranda deck on the Sensation in June.

Am I correct that 1 or 2 of us could use the facilities in the spa 1 floor above? There is no charge for this, right?

I've also seen posts about using the facilities in the gym. Are these near each other?

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Can we access these areas without an "appointment"?

Edited by gigito2
Clarification

Ships with the new Cloud 9 spa's have restricted access to most areas but there are free showers in the locker room area that you can use and they're huge. Ships without Cloud 9 spa's you can use any of the showers or facilities for free. In both cases there are towels provided along with nice big mirrors with large countertops (plenty of space for your makeup) and blow dryers.

You do not need an "appointment" to take a shower!

I was under the impression that there were not separate showers at the gym and spa but one set of showers right there for both.

Now wondering about that myself?

I haven't been on the Sensation in a few years, but the C9S on the Sunshine had full-sized private showers in the women's locker rooms. You did not need a spa pass or treatment to access this area, as these were set up for gym and spa attendees both. (The gym is free for all guests.)

There are also rainfall-style showers within the thermal suites are, but these are not private and are more for rinsing off/warming up after a sauna or t-pool dip (if you have one on your ship, we did not). They would also require either a spa cabin or a spa pass to access.

Showering at the gym is an excellent idea especially if you have multiple people (women) in a cabin. The showers are much bigger than in the room. Of course you have to slug some of your toiletries up there but I have used this option on several ships.

You do not need an "appointment" to take a shower!

I was under the impression that there were not separate showers at the gym and spa but one set of showers right there for both.

Now wondering about that myself?

Yes there are separate showers in the spa area that are only for spa guests. They are really cool rainfall style showers that have jets spraying all over. They are in good sized private alcoves but there's no locking door for privacy. I like to just wear a swimsuit to use them. Sometimes I bring shampoo and conditioner along to wash out any chemicals in my hair from the day and some body wash. I just can't resist those showers, they are so different from any shower I've ever been in. And a quick rinse off isn't enough for me. I want a real shower. :)