Copley Square Hotel

biojeep

Found a decent price for this hotel for the day we finish our cruise. Is this a good centrally located hotel for 1 day of sightseeing in Boston?

What is the date and what is the price? What exactly do you want to do in Boston for sightseeing?

It's a nice hotel. DD and SIL have stayed there - SIL's company books it for corporate travel.

October 8 for $260/night. General sightseeing - Freedom Trail, market, constitution, etc.

Are you doing the Hoho trolley? For your date Hotwire is offering this hotel for $169 plus tax prepaid.

You can get the Hoho in Back Bay.

Oct. 8 is the Sunday of Columbus Day. Is your hotel cancellable? You can save some money if you prepay. Lots of evening options in Back Bay and also excellent if the weather is bad.

biojeep,

You did not name of the hotel so it is difficult for me to respond specifically. July 2016, I stayed at the Fairmont Copley Plaza and was quite pleased with its facilities, service, location, and dining options within an easy walking distance. A CVS drug store was just across the Plaza in case one might need something forgotten before leaving home.

biojeep,

You did not name of the hotel so it is difficult for me to respond specifically. July 2016, I stayed at the Fairmont Copley Plaza and was quite pleased with its facilities, service, location, and dining options within an easy walking distance. A CVS drug store was just across the Plaza in case one might need something forgotten before leaving home.

The thread title specifies the Copley Square hotel. The two "Copley" hotels are 1-2 blocks from each other. Copley Plaza is a 5* hotel whereas Copley Square is a 4* hotel. As you point out it's a good location with lots of services and restaurants. In bad weather Copley Place and Prudential Center meals are a wonderful indoor refuge.