Timberline in Juneau - location?

mamasylvia

I am confused. The Mount Roberts Tramway site links to Timberline that supposedly is up at the top of the tramway. But Google Maps shows Timberline down near the cruise docks. Which is correct? Or are there 2 restaurants with the same name?

A quick Google search shows the Timberline Bar & Grill at the top of the tramway. It's possible that because of where the street access is a map would show it in the wrong place. The alaska.org site says - From Cruise Ship Dock: The tram departs from South Franklin Street near Downtown Juneau, which is directly across from the cruise ship dock.

nparmalee, I think you may have solved it. If they use the address of the tram office as the restaurant address, that is where Google will show it. I found the Nature Center at the top of the tramway and it doesn't look like there are any roads there.

I switched to Satellite view and the place labelled Timberline by the harbor is a building with a grey roof - may be the bottom of the tram line - if someone who is familiar with Juneau could take a look, I'd appreciate it.

nparmalee, I think you may have solved it. If they use the address of the tram office as the restaurant address, that is where Google will show it. I found the Nature Center at the top of the tramway and it doesn't look like there are any roads there.

I switched to Satellite view and the place labelled Timberline by the harbor is a building with a grey roof - may be the bottom of the tram line - if someone who is familiar with Juneau could take a look, I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to guess the address is the location where you get the tram up to the top. The Timberline restaurant is up there. It's the top of a mountain. There's no streets or roads for an address.