Question about meal choices in the restaurants

debpaytond

this is the first time that i we have sailed with P&O.

On other cruise companies you can choose more than one starter, main or dessert. is this the same on P&O.

does this also apply in the speciality restaurants or is this strictly 1 meal per person

On other cruise companies you can choose more than one starter, main or dessert. is this the same on P&O.

does this also apply in the speciality restaurants or is this strictly 1 meal per person

Not a problem in the MDR. Never asked in the speciality as we are generally stuffed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was dithering between two puds in The Epicurean on Britannia once. "No problem sir, I will get you both". Much to my wife's disgust, they were both full portions! I would be surprised if any reasonable request is turned down, especially as portion sizes have shrunk since the introduction of ready plated meals.

Yes we often have a starter, soup, main meal, desert, cheese and biscuits and then coffee and chocolates, well for the first couple of days anyway. The worst thing you can say when ordering is "I'm not sure between this and that" you will often be given both and if the waiters like you they will bring extra puddings even when you say you are full and cannot manage anything else. The option sizes are average and if you want an extra portion of chips, just ask.

With the option of starter, soup, main course, dessert and cheese biscuits we don't usually manage that so have never had the desire to order any extra and after the first couple of days usually drop starter or soup and have either dessert or cheese and biscuits.

With the option of starter, soup, main course, dessert and cheese biscuits we don't usually manage that so have never had the desire to order any extra and after the first couple of days usually drop starter or soup and have either dessert or cheese and biscuits.

Yes we always decline the soup and the bread in a fruitless effort to avoid weight gain [emoji3] I do order extra veg if I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just one of each course is enough for me, but two years ago we ate in the Glasshouse on Britannia and I so enjoyed the small number of chips I'd been served that I asked for another helping. The waiter came back and said I couldn't because the chef had refused to cook them! Of course, I complained but still didn't get them. Some time later, a more senior manager came and offered an apology and said he hoped I would dine in the Glasshouse again - I didn't.

Just one of each course is enough for me, but two years ago we ate in the Glasshouse on Britannia and I so enjoyed the small number of chips I'd been served that I asked for another helping. The waiter came back and said I couldn't because the chef had refused to cook them! Of course, I complained but still didn't get them. Some time later, a more senior manager came and offered an apology and said he hoped I would dine in the Glasshouse again - I didn't.

Yes I enjoyed my 4 (or was it 6) chips in The Glasshouse as well! My wife saw the look on my face and said "well it does say small plates". I think that was the one time I sneaked to the buffet later when my wife had retired early! On the basis that I often refer to cruises as '24 hour dining interspersed with brief rest periods', one inadequate meal is soon followed by a better one. The only time on a cruise that I ever feel hungry is when we embark having travelled to Southampton. And I have a big appetite!