Recommendations on what do on our last day in Alaska

kathy16

We are spending 3 nights at the North Face lodge in Denali after our cruise. We have a rental car, and plan to drive from Denali to ANC for a flight just after midnight. Suggestions on activities for our last day, that would get us to the airport, just in time to check in?

Thanks,

Kathy

Do you have The Milepost?? IF not get a copy, try your library and read the Parks Highway, numerous places you can stop at. Determine- what you want to see and do, http://www.anchorage.com http://www.alaskavisit.com

You also may be interested in the Arm? You don't say what else you are already doing???

If it was me, I'd include a visit to the Matanuska Glacier on your way to Anchorage.

tough to manage if leaving from Denali, a long drive then needing at least 4 hours for a trek, and actually they may be leaving North Face Lodge that day, which would make it impossible.

We are leaving the lodge that day, and should be back at the entrance to Denali around noontime. We are planning to take small plane/fly by Denali on the way to entrance parking lot.

I just received 2017 Milepost from Amazon, but I was looking for personal recommendations on activities to do/stop at/on the 4+ hour drive back to ANC- including suggested detours) but I figure we will have to be at airport around 10 pm- probably also stop for dinner somewhere- (advice?).

Thanks,

Kathy

We are leaving the lodge that day, and should be back at the entrance to Denali around noontime. We are planning to take small plane/fly by Denali on the way to entrance parking lot.

I just received 2017 Milepost from Amazon, but I was looking for personal recommendations on activities to do/stop at/on the 4+ hour drive back to ANC- including suggested detours) but I figure we will have to be at airport around 10 pm- probably also stop for dinner somewhere- (advice?).

Thanks,

Kathy

You need to allow 6 hours for the transit to Anchorage.

If you have The Milepost, rather than me, "suggesting" all the places I've stopped at and enjoyed, - numerous. It may offer you more, if you choose what is of most interest to you, and a time estimation can be given. Most stops aren't long. You have the "list" of what is available.