Santorini Wine Bars / Flights / Tastings

psujmatt

I am hoping to find a wine bar with a wide variety of local wines available as flights, or a place that does wine tastings in Thira. I have found many companies that offers "tours" to wineries, and several wineries that offer tastings. I also visited Santo Wineries co-op on a ship tour before. I do not really want to travel on a tour due to the cost and that we are traveling with a small child. Tasting the Santorini wines was one of the highlights of my last Greek Isles cruise, but I didn't get to try many and would like to try more.

I am hoping for something within walking distance of the cable car where I can try many local wines. In other cities, there are "wine bars" that offer flights of tastings. There are many bars and restaurants in Thira, many with great views and many reviews on other websites of the dining experience, but I haven't found any that specialize in tastings or advertise flights. Last trip we enjoyed sitting at Franco's and another bar for a few drinks, but they didn't have many options.

Perhaps you've experienced one?

Thank you.

• 11 months later...