Staying on ship during a port day

We would get off the ship and walk around the shopping area for a while. I almost always find something to buy. There is also a good view of the ship above all the shops. We would return to the ship and enjoy the mostly empty ship for a few hours. We did not want to ride across the island to an excursion.

We are considering not doing an excursion during our stop at Falmouth. We will get off the ship and walk the port but we don't want to take an hour bus ride for an excursion. What are the crowds like on the ship during a port day? Are there any cool extras or closed activities that occur on those days? Any recommendations on what to do on days like that? Thanks!

i frequently stay on board for certain port days and there is usually a great spa deal on those port days. I got a scalp massage, mini facial, back massage and foot and ankle massage for $99 last cruise. It was 90 minutes of bliss. LOL No crowds at the pool, plenty of room and peace and quiet. It is my book time!