Select fare and upgrades

Mrs Tinkywinky

We have been allocated a cabin on Arcadia on E. deck restricted view , no problem as that is what we asked for. On the cruise personaliser there are now the e luggage labels available to print. As we booked Select fare and said we would like an upgrade if available , does that mean that that is what we are going to get or can it change?:D

It can still change. I think it says when you download the etickets/ luggage labels, words to the effect, whilst we do not encourage you to leave things until the last minute, print your tickets etc, shortly before boarding, incase it does change.

Not something I worry about as usually choose stateroom and mark it no upgrade.

We have been allocated a cabin on Arcadia on E. deck restricted view , no problem as that is what we asked for. On the cruise personaliser there are now the e luggage labels available to print. As we booked Select fare and said we would like an upgrade if available , does that mean that that is what we are going to get or can it change?:D

The vast majority of people don't get an upgrade, so you might but the odds are usually quite low. The best way to get an upgrade is to book a better cabin :')

From all the posts I've read here and elsewhere I think the first "upgrades" seem to go to people who have booked a select fare on a guarantee basis. A lot of people who pay early saver or saver state they have upgrades, but as they do not actually have a cabin they are moving from its not really an upgrade. Also Pando considers an upgrade may not always seem like it to the people concerned. Fore/aft low down to mid ships underneath the deck area, would not be something that people may want due to noise from above.

I think if you book on a "minimum grade guarantee" basis you could legitimately infer you have been "upgraded" if you get a higher grade than the minimum grade that which was stated as "guaranteed". If you book a "minimum inside cabin" and get the best inside this cannot be regarded as an "upgrade" as you have got the "minimum" the cruise line needs to give you. If you were allocated a suite against a "minimum inside cabin" booking, I cannot see this as not being an upgrade because it is what you contracted to get if things went ridiculously well in your favour.

If you like the idea of being upgraded in my opinion you need to book "A" class cabins but then if you get upgraded it will be meaningful.

Regards John

I think if you book on a "minimum grade guarantee" basis you could legitimately infer you have been "upgraded" if you get a higher grade than the minimum grade that which was stated as "guaranteed". If you book a "minimum inside cabin" and get the best inside this cannot be regarded as an "upgrade" as you have got the "minimum" the cruise line needs to give you. If you were allocated a suite against a "minimum inside cabin" booking, I cannot see this as not being an upgrade because it is what you contracted to get if things went ridiculously well in your favour.

If you like the idea of being upgraded in my opinion you need to book "A" class cabins but then if you get upgraded it will be meaningful.

Regards John

John , we have now received the upgrade in print and although it is on E deck restricted view which is what we asked for , the upgrade is from grade NC to NB so I have emailed P and O to ask what the difference is between the two. Perhaps it is because there is a bath and shower?:)