Celebrity silhouette

Nfradella02

This will be me and my wife's first cruise. Just wondering how early should I arrive for embarkation? Also, how many bags are we allowed to bring?

And if anyone has been on this ship before.. as far as the specialty restaurants go, do you just pay the cover and the meal is included or do you pay per meal ordered? Sorry for all the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off Silhouette the end of April, absolutely LOVED this ship!

In regard to embarkation - we were there are 10:30 an onboard by 11:00, lines weren't too bad, we were concierge. Bags, you can bring as many as you want - we had two large suitcases and two carryons. The four bags fit under the bed fine after we unpacked and we did utilize all the spots for clothing (above the bed, bureau and closet). In regards to specialty restaurants, I'm not sure what you're asking - the fee is per person (then eat whatever you want). Deals can be had (especially the first night, just ask). Also there will be folks around the buffet at breakfast offering discounts as well for that night or the next day - again just ask.

Sheila

Good luck, we booked edge for 2019, but hope to get on Silhouette again in 2018.

And if anyone has been on this ship before.. as far as the specialty restaurants go, do you just pay the cover and the meal is included or do you pay per meal ordered? Sorry for all the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You pay a cover per person for the meal at the specialty restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually get to the pier on embarkation day around 10:30 to 11:00 AM. Depending on your port of embarkation you should be on board within 30 minutes to an hour. Concierge, Aqua and Suites as well as upper level Captains Club have separate priority lines for boarding, so if you are in one of those type cabins, you may be quicker aboard. You can take as many bags as you want. Some people are limited by airline baggage regulations if they fly to the embarkation port, or are flying home. Your cabin will probably not be ready until between 1 and 2 PM. Your luggage, which you will check in at the port when you board (except for any carry on you choose to keep) will arrive sometime before dinner. If you want to spend time at the pool on day one, make sure to keep a bathing suit with you. Once aboard, you can have lunch on the Ocean View Café, Aqua Spa Café (in the Solarium), Mast Grill, by the pool, MDR if you are Concierge Class (between 11:30 and 1:00), and Luminae if you're in a suite. The specialty restaurants are a cover charge per person, however several of them have extra charge items (clearly marked on the menu). There are plenty of yummy things to order without doing the extras. Sushi on 5 is a for fee restaurant that is ala carte. The specialty restaurants usually (depending on their bookings and your sailing) have special reduced rate deals offered, especially on embarkation day, and if you are not particular about your dining time. We've gotten 1/2 off at times, but usually it's more like 20-30% off. Enjoy your cruise!