AMA Waterways/Ama Certo

ellamenopea

two years ago I sailed on the Sonata through Holland and Belgium. Smooth sailing very quiet ship.

This year I am on the Certo on the Danube. The room shakes, laying in bed my body is vibrating, my iPad is bouncing. This is in the lounge and restaurant, too. Anyone experience this? I'm met with shrugs and basically told it's a boat, what do you expect? It's very disappointing.

Input is appreciated. Thanks! :(

two years ago I sailed on the Sonata through Holland and Belgium. Smooth sailing very quiet ship.

This year I am on the Certo on the Danube. The room shakes, laying in bed my body is vibrating, my iPad is bouncing. This is in the lounge and restaurant, too. Anyone experience this? I'm met with shrugs and basically told it's a boat, what do you expect? It's very disappointing.

Input is appreciated. Thanks! :(

Have you asked the ship's CD what is going on?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you asked the ship's CD what is going on?

We were told the vibrations should decrease as the river narrows. I know, makes little sense! We leave Bratislava at 11 tonight so we'll see if there's an improvement. Several people also questioned this and were feeling ill through the night.

Thanks for responding!

A theory: In the wide section of river there is less problem with wakes, so the captain may have the pedal to the metal. When the river narrows the ship will have to slow down and that will quiet the engines.

A theory: In the wide section of river there is less problem with wakes, so the captain may have the pedal to the metal. When the river narrows the ship will have to slow down and that will quiet the engines.

Sounds reasonable!

We were told the vibrations should decrease as the river narrows. I know, makes little sense! We leave Bratislava at 11 tonight so we'll see if there's an improvement. Several people also questioned this and were feeling ill through the night.

Thanks for responding!

We cruised the Danube from Vilshofen to Budapest on the Ama Prima in 2015.

No problem with vibration at all. Very smooth cruise along a beautiful river.

The Wachau Valley during the day and Budapest at night were very memorable.