Hubbard Glacier - Alaska 2017 Reports

MyDogRudy

Hello early 2017 Alaskan Cruisers!

I am anxiously awaiting reports from the first few Alaskan cruises of 2017, particularly conditions of Hubbard Glacier as well as feedback on Ketchikan (Misty Fjords), Juneau, and Icy Strait Point (whale watching). We are sailing out of Vancouver on June 11th on Celebrity Infinity and I can't wait to start seeing some recent reviews. I know there have only been a few sailings so far, but I am getting a little impatient and excited. I have completed all pre-planning, booked excursions, and basically just need to pack and get on the plane, yet we don't leave WI for a little over three weeks, so I am looking for new Alaska reviews to pass the time. :cool:

I am bringing a group of 11 other people with me, so I really want to be sure everyone else has a great time. The more info I feed them early, the more excited they get too. I figure it would be pretty difficult to have a bad time on a beautiful Alaskan cruise, but of course, as a bucket list item, I am more psyched for this trip than some others. So, let me hear from all of you who might have any first hand 2017 feedback about any of the key points highlighted above. I promise to give a full review when I get back...we will still be pretty early in the season so hopefully will help others for the rest of the year.

If you haven't already done so, you might also want to check the cruise line boards as sometimes, cruisers post to their individual cruise lines rather than come over here to post. I know it's a little more work for you but might be worth it in the long run. I am doing a B2B Princess followed by a HAL to Alaska in July and I have been monitoring both boards for feedback.

Hi will be leavin in the morning for Alaska, on the Radiance Ots, an am gettin ansy!!

I'm jealous!! We still have 40 days to go until we fly to AK to begin our land & cruise adventure. Have a wonderful time! I too can't wait to start to see 2017 trip reports. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have 60 days to go...

I've read a few on HAL - this one is taking his time, but he has great photos & is fairly funny: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497409

Thank you for sharing the link here. I will be following, hoping to see some more Alaska pictures soon. I will also look to some other resources too. Not sure if Celebrity has any kind of board like CC, but I'll do some general google and youtube searches to expand the possibilities of finding more info. Thank you for the suggestions.